SIDE RAIL FOR KOBRA OPTIC????

I want a Saiga-12 converted with KVAR looking black plastic fixed stock, and AK pistol grip. With Russian optics.

so where can I get:

1.) a side plate for Saiga-12 for russian optics

2.) a side mount that parrelels upper and barrel. not that offside pk sight i've seen

3.) Kobra sight that mounts to russian side mount/not weaver

anyone sporting this? pics? web sites to search?

thanks in advance.

The Russians designed these sights to be offset slightly so that you could still use the iron-sights, while at the same time the sight will set low enough for you to be able to have a decent cheek-weld to the stock. I've really been reading up on this in the "optics and sights" section on AK-47.net and I haven't noted anyone that it bothered that the sight was offset, some guys actually liked the offset. I haven't ever looked thru one that was mounted so I have no idea what they are like, but I'm going to buy one in a few weeks. AKATTACK

on tantral...that 3rd gen kobra? looks low as hell to the receiver. and it is centered. anyone have the "new" 3rd gen? Kobra...it supposedly takes AA's standard unlike the last two generations. at least tantrals site says that.

leaning toward Kobra. no magnification. russian version of my eotech 552. red dot for shotgun.

opinions?

Tomac....nice website brother..optical heaven...thanks you S.O.B....hard enough before i knew all these different optics existed.....lol

what about the pk-as-v? it looks straight above....yeah that is cool

You're welcome!... :devil: The Kobra (AA version w/integral mount) is my 2nd fav optic for the AK and is known to be able to handle the Saiga-12 recoil. The PK-AS is my current fav because it sits low/left (lower than the Kobra) leaving the irons unobscured for backup use, doesn't need batteries for daytime use, has an excellent dot/circle reticle for precision/cqb aiming, is very rugged (I accidentally dropped one 4.5' onto concrete w/o damage or loss of zero) and is already what I use on my AKs so now my shotguns are as identical as possible to my AKs w/regard to optics, sighting, function & manual of arms. Some people prefer the PK-AS-V because it's more centered but it does sit higher than the PK-AS. HTH...

Tomac

PS- The strap-on recoil pad from K-Var is Bulgarian and not a US knock-off. http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=227&3=191

Pic of PK-AS reticle courtesy of Simo from Finland:

PKAS-retik.jpg

Edited by Tomac

The EKP-1S-03M positions the "lens" lower than the EKP-8-18, and gives a better cheek weld or in this case should I say "jaw weld." I use the EKP-8-18 on my Saiga 12 with an Ace folder and the cheesy but very funtional cheek piece (I think they borrowed it from ATI) -- this combo gives a good cheek weld if you really need it with for a shotty. The EKP-1S-03M is probably a better option for standard stocked and OE mil folders than the EKP-8-18 since it sits lower.

What TOMAC said about the PK-AS x's. It is a sweet sight.

My personnal fav is the PK-23. It's got a flutter dot that is small enough for reasonable precision at distance 100m +, and rapidly acquired in close even with it's small size -- your eye locks on to it fast without it having to be 4+ moa. Works great on a '74 but probably would do the job on a 12 too.

http://www.posp.ru/rd.html has a bunch of stuff to check out too.

I just got my Saiga 12, but i've had the ekp-1s-03m kobra on my ak103k for about six months. It sits low and centered. I'll be getting another for the 12.

In another thread you asked about stocks. I can only tell you the way I'm going. I'm 6'2" so I need a good reach but wanted it to look good. Look at the fixed krink stock by FSE. RPBUSA.com has it for $59. Add the bulgarian recoil pad for @ $25 and a dragunov cheekrest from Tantal for $50. The set up looks like the Saiga12k in the photo gallery on this site. This is the set up I'll have on both my 12 and 103k. -Ian :killer::super:

Edited by 5x5