Any interest in a US made saiga 12 side folder flat and rails?

it would be hard to justify making a new receiver just to have the 12C configuration. you should find out what is needed to modify the receiver to install the factory folding stock mechanism, and all you would have to do then, would be to just perform the services on people's receivers to accept it. the hard part would be to find the folding stock mechanism. US made or russian made, either would be a rarity. there are a couple people on this forum that have successfully converted their saiga's into a 12C variant. perhaps you could search around and get some info from them.

I have already done a .410 for my personal use, modding the original receiver. I will check with K-Var and Rusmilitary to see status of availability. The flat would require a different center piece for the Ak-Builder jig, but would not be that big an issue to make. If we do make the flats, it will be a very short run.

post-3072-1227717484_thumb.jpg

Edited by rbthntr64
The side folder is awesome - I like that style over most of the aftermarket folding stocks. Would the 12c folding stock clear a scope attached to the rail though?

probably not, but there is an indent in the stock to make room for the scope mount side rail itself. at least that's what it looks like.