Removing crimp from military brass

Any ideas on a better way of removing the crimped primers from military brass? I can remove the primer no problem and have used a hand tool to remove the crimp but DAMN i've got blisters on my finger from twisting the shell to cut the crimp.

With ammo going up like it is i've bought alot of once fired military stuff and would like a faster way of doing it. Any ideas would be great. If someone posted this before for a solution i couldn't find it.

i use a cheap lee press with RCBS Universal decapp die, then I use a lee chamfer deburr tool in a drill , you may need too acraglass a stem in it depending on your drill chuck dia, or use chamfer on rcbs prep station.

I sort decap and chamfer all at same time. I have tried rcbs swage, and do not like results, dillion is different I would buy one if price wasn't 90$ works very well.

Any ideas on a better way of removing the crimped primers from military brass? I can remove the primer no problem and have used a hand tool to remove the crimp but DAMN i've got blisters on my finger from twisting the shell to cut the crimp.

With ammo going up like it is i've bought alot of once fired military stuff and would like a faster way of doing it. Any ideas would be great. If someone posted this before for a solution i couldn't find it.

RCBS Primer Pocket Swager Combo kit

I think I paid about $40 for the one I used to have. Does a nice job and not so bad on your hands. It is actually a die set up and I put mine in an old Lee one station press to do mine.

louielouie

I use the RCBS swager in a single stage press, but also have the reamer in the RCBS prep station as back up for the ones that are really hard to get out. The reamer does give your fingers a workout and is a pain but it works, it's slow, but works. On a good evening, I'll do 5-600 shells decapped and sized, then the next night swage and clean them, then on to the progressive to load. The dillon looks like it would be better, just haven't tried it.