Well, I was under the impression he meant a S12 shotgun... but there I see he says "rifle"

Maybe if the OP would clarify what model hes referring to, and what his end goal is, we could better answer the question. he can also try this... Stickied in ALL 3 of the rifle sections...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=32195

that SHOULD set him straight, too. :up:

:smoke:

it is the 7.62x39mm rifle.

the outcome i would like to have would be to keep the galil tapco handguard and just add the saiga skeleton stock without any other modifications. I know i am not in violation of the NYS AWB but the whole 922r thing continues to confuse me.

since it is legal to just change out the front handguard with the tapco, what is the difference if i add the saiga skeleton stock, don't some of the .308 rifles ship with those anyway? it is not a pistol grip right?? the definition of a pistol grip is something that is under the direct action of the rifle. even though this stock kinda looks like a pistol grip it is clearly behind the action of the rifle.

thanks for the info.

you can do that... no problem!

They are imported with the stocks like that to begin with so thats still compliant.

As long as you dont go sticking a magazine greater than 10 rounds in it... 922 doesnt matter... Regardless if the parts on it are russian, german, israeli, or swahili... foreign is foreign...

Its that simple...

922 ONLY APPLIES when you want to go into NON SPORTING configuration... hi cap magazines, folding stocks... that sort of thing.

awesome, thanks for clarifying for me. i thought it would be ok but just wanted to make sure. and an added bonus, i can still use all of my swahili parts. ha ha..

thanks again.

In the NYS you cant have any mags over 10 rounds made after 1994. The skeleton stock is ok, confirmed it with multiple sources and ordered one. The galil hand guard is all up to you. It doesnt change anything with your gun, but galil is qualified as a bastard child. No license, but millions built. Sorry, no respect for galil.

Back to the topic. As long as you stay with older magazines and dont have flash suppressor, moving stock and no PG, you will be ok

Are they USA made GALIL STYLE handguards... or TRUE galil handguards?? Thats the first question...

there is a 922 compliance automated checklist stickied above the three rifle sections... I recommend going there and plugging your info into it... :up:

OK, I'm under the impression that you need 4 parts to make it 922 compliant. Wouldn't the Galil hand Guard and U.S. mags bring him up to spec.? I believe mags count as three parts.

US made Galil style handguards and US made mags would bring a Saiga rifle into compliance. But I don't know of any pre-ban US made AK mags (which is only relevant, given we're talking about mags that hold more than 10 rounds).

On the other hand, if someone were to do a pistol-gripped conversion and relied only on mags and handguards for compliance, it would no longer be compliant if they slapped in a foreign made magazine.