New member here trying to get started with a conversion. Just bought a Saiga .223, reading up on converting it. Got home from work today and was going to order some Tromix parts. But I realized that the bolt on trigger guard I was figuring on ordering was only listed for the Saiga 12. So, is this all it will fit....the shotgun and not the rifles? I've been re-reading some of the posts here and thats all I see anyone talking about it in reference to now that I look again.

I've been wanting to get both a .223/7.62 in 20" bbl's, but you don't see many Saiga's here in C. Nebraska, so even tho this was a 16" bbl I jumped on it when I found it. Only one dealer around that I know of has Saiga 12's, had 10 on hand last I talked to him, but asking $675. Kind of hard to swing around Christmas, but I'm going to try for one of these yet this year if he still has any. Thanks. Greg

I had hoped to use the same guard if for no other reason than to just not have to worry about "carefully" removing the stock trigger guard and re-using...but it looks to be pretty easy to save the stock one and re-use.

I find it strange that there is no other bolt on trigger guard out there for rifle converters...or is there one I am not aware of?

• 2 weeks later...
Saigatechusa is currently making a 308 TG. I do not have any experience with the company though.

I reused the original trigger guard for my 308 conversion. It seems to work very well and it isn't welded or anything. the front sits snugly under the mag catch and the rear (after some trimming) is held by the slot in the pistol grip as well as clamped by the pistol grip if that makes any sense. Feels very secure, I can't make it wiggle.