Bumpfiring a Saiga-12

I haven heard many people talk about it much on this sight but I can bump fire mine easy. The most I can get with the 10 rounder in is 8 rounds tho. It kinda limp wrists and has a fte. I'll try it some more because I want to be able to bump my whole 20 round drum when it comes in.

Yeah with the shotguns we had the problem that you either are pushing to hard and the hammer follows the bolt down (not even denting the primer), or it wants to stovepipe once a magazine.

I think that adding weight to the front of the shotgun could make it bump better. Or some sort of hydraulic brake in my bumper stock, that would require the ATF to look at it again.... Weights are going to be my next thing to try.

The buttstock is something I came up with, it's similar to a Car-15 stock only with a pistol grip connected to it. It allows the firearm to be bumpfired while holding the stock into your shoulder.. There are no springs in it to make it bumpfire, you have to pull the gun forward just right while holding your trigger finger stiff in front of the trigger..

You don't need the stock at all you can bumpfire it like any other semi, the stock does help manage the recoil. I have bumped it using the thumb in the belt loop thing, that was very painful and I would never do it again.

The one in the video is below, the one above is a cleaned up design. It has been looked at by the ATF and was classified as not a machine gun.

IMG_5060.jpg

Edited by csspecs

I would be a bit worried about using jon36's design, it uses a spring to push the trigger back into your finger... And it has not been looked at by the ATF from what I know..

The letter from the ATF should at least keep you out of trouble... So if you build your own PLEASE send it to them and ask for a classification, it costs you nothing and will keep you out of jail.

Edited by csspecs
  • 1 month later...