i ordered a ace folding stock for my saiga 7.62 x 39 on 11/24. the next day my card was charged and the order was processed. after 2 weeks i sent a email to find out where it was ( no tracking info provided) and was told it would be at least 5 - 6 weeks out,,,,, sooo does any one out there have a ace stock and are they worth the top dollar, wait till you get if your lucky treatment or should i cancel and get one of the considerably cheaper and more available options. i don't mind paying for good quality or waiting if the product is worth it. any body out there got one and are you happy with it?

I'm a strong fan of the ACE. I have ordered one and some parts on various occasions. I'm sad to say that I got the run-around also. They would not answer their phone or emails for almost two weeks. When I finally did get ahold of them I was told that they were going through changes with either ownership or management or some blah blah blah... They did assure me that it would not happen again. Unfortunately there aren't many alternatives when it comes to their folding hinge assembly. It is rock solid, simple and reliable. I don't know if I would ever chose to do business with them again, though. I think a vendor should at least shoot you an email or a phone call if what you want is not going to be at your door in a reasonable amount of time.

thanks for the input,,, i agree its BS but i want good stuff and it sounds like if i wait it out they do have good stuff. i ordered from ace. i will miss late season deer here but its to cold to hunt from the jet ski anyway,,, at least till feb. thanks for the input any other ace owners opines are appreciated

I placed a stock ordered at ACE about 1 week ago. I called ACE today for a couple more items and no one answered and there voice mail was full. I called an hour later and they said they had just pulled the Ace orders and were going to start shipping Friday. If you placed an internet order your card was probably billed automatically. They need to wait until it ships thats is BS. I think that ACE has great products but it is a bit expensive.

Ace does make high quality stocks. I know they were bought by Double Star in Winchester KY. Seeing how they are extremely busy this may be the reason for the delay and poor communication. My friends and I have dealt with both companies over the years and have been very happy. We last saw Double Star at a nearby gunshow, they had a well stocked booth full of ARs, parts, mags, and ammo in limited calibers.

Ace does make high quality stocks. I know they were bought by Double Star in Winchester KY. Seeing how they are extremely busy this may be the reason for the delay and poor communication. My friends and I have dealt with both companies over the years and have been very happy. We last saw Double Star at a nearby gunshow, they had a well stocked booth full of ARs, parts, mags, and ammo in limited calibers.

When I talked to them they said they had just finished the Double Star orders and were starting on the Ace orders.

When I talked to them they said they had just finished the Double Star orders and were starting on the Ace orders.

So there it is. Since combining with a rifle manufacturer they've been slowed by the post Obama craze. Good thing for Double Star though who, as you can imagine, can and do offer ACE products on their guns at a good price. But I don't wanna promote a non-forum sponsoring business :angel: