Great match. Stage 7 was my favorite. No where else can you run out the back of a Bradley and run through a trench system shooting at a competition. Shooting the AK, the M203, and riding in the Stryker all make this a match that a civilian run 3 Gun would be hard pressed to replicate in terms of cool factor.

This was the second year for Trooper at Fort Benning. I liked the fact that the lunch provided was MREs. Having the Stryker drop us off a ways from stage 8 was a nice and appropriate surprise. Definitely looking forward to shooting there again next year and seeing what additional challenges they come up with for Trooper shooters.

I place 3rd in Trooper. I'll be on Shooting USA on the outdoor channel again sometime this Spring. They interviewed me as to why everyone else they saw shooting Saiga-12s was having malfunctions and why I wasn't having any problems.

gallery is up here:

http://www.cavalryarms.com/competition/AMU...008-FB3G-1.html

video will be a while work is still swamped...

I only had a couple of misfeeds on the first stage (#7 for us on Friday) and I believe it was due to the gun being cold and the grease on the bolt carrier had thickened up. No problems for the rest of the match and the MD drum saved a lot of reloading on a couple of stages. It was cool to finally meet SinistralRifleman as I saw him on the Outdoor channel special last year. An excellent match to participate in even if I didn't get a AMTU challenge coin and it's very humbling having on one stage an Olympic Gold medal winner from the Army Team resetting the targets for you. I'm glad I wasn't on tv with my scores, but I'll post a few videos here soon.

Stage #7

IMG_7798.jpg

That is a rig there! how does the drum work with your last round bolt lock did you have to modify your drum to keep the bolt lock from locking? I will try to give you a call today, should be a quiet day running the fuel farm and my guys are on leave.

See ya

John

Edited by topmaul
That is a rig there! how does the drum work with your last round bolt lock did you have to modify your drum to keep the bolt lock from locking? I will try to give you a call today, should be a quiet day running the fuel farm and my guys are on leave.

See ya

John

John,

Per MD's website, I had to slot the side of the feed tower of the drum so it wouldn't trip the LRBHO. If I can figure a way to add the trip tab to the drum so bolt stays open I'll do that. Right now it's a low priority as I want to Duracoat the Saiga-12 over the holidays since my gun is a 2001 it's starting to show a little wear on the finish. Keep that JP-4 flowing and call when you can.

I shot on the same squad with sinistralrifleman, and got interviewed by John Scouten for Shooting USA too. He was amazed our Saiga's didn't crap out every other shot, like he was told they would. I got lucky to be interviewed and video'd on stage 3, the all-shotgun stage. I placed 3rd on it behind Miculek and Durst in open, so it was the highlight of my match. Ran into Scouten at dinner that night at the steakhouse and he said to look for the episode in the early spring.

OUT STANDING GREAT JOB! I do believe Jim Scouten is a good guy he as actually e-mailed me back a few times, he will admitt that he is a TV host not a gun expert, I would bet if the "S" word ever came up his sponsors would poo-poo it.

It would be great to see your run on Shooting USA!

Have a great Christmas every one.