Laser for Saiga 12

Last light I had on my Saiga fell apart in a shoot house. It was a faily low qualty light but it did work well on my Cx4 Storm carbine.

Might try www.rusmilitary.com

Edited by topmaul
In all honesty?

I'd go for a good light and forget about the laser.

+1 to what Will said.

I had a really nice tactical green laser with touch pad affixed to my TROMIX S-20 with a tactical light for about six months.... until I took the laser off. I can be a bit of a slow learner.... it took me that long to finally reach the conclusion that a laser on a shotgun (any shotgun) is a bit ridiculous (rifle and pistol, yes.... shotgun "no"). But naturally, YMMV.

:rolleyes:

If you are using mainly slugs in your shotgun, a laser can be a plus. and I would reccomend a cheap green one to start with ,.....with a momentary switch so it's not brodcasting your location, they can also be used as a disorientation device if shone into the badguys EYES,... for sure,..

mount as close to the barrel as you can get because slugs rattle the shit out of everything.

Some lights will shine a circle that is roughly equivelent to the spread pattern of shot, which could be pretty helpful too,...

If you are using mainly slugs in your shotgun, a laser can be a plus. and I would reccomend a cheap green one to start with ,.....with a momentary switch so it's not brodcasting your location, they can also be used as a disorientation device if shone into the badguys EYES,... for sure,..

mount as close to the barrel as you can get because slugs rattle the shit out of everything.

Some lights will shine a circle that is roughly equivelent to the spread pattern of shot, which could be pretty helpful too,...

+1 on the lasers mostly being applicable for use with slugs. For use with mostly buck shot shells, I say forget the laser and stick with a Trijicon tritium front site or rail-mounted red dot site.

But if you must get a laser/light combo, I guess the TLR-2 or the M6X would be the way to go.

Edited by Tactical_T
Man oh man do I love my TLR-2.

+1 on the TLR-2.

Always liked a laser on a shotgun specifically for the shooting from the hip situations.

Somebody on here should remember also the laser that screws into the gas port?

Lasers and 12gauge recoils have never been a good mix. If you intend to strap one on just to last a few shots, that's one thing, but finding one that you could actually practice with the laser strapped on under even light use, good luck. I think there is a reason that Lasermax and Crimson Trace haven't come out with a Remington laser yet. The factory warranty would be about 3 weeks considering the different types and loads of 12 gauge shells and guns. A 9mm or 45acp handgun has a maximum loads limit that can be quantified. A 12gauge is somewhat unlimited and uncontrolled since there is so much ammo and so many different types of guns and mounting locations on them.

I was thinking... since I am going to do a 8" barrel... I am not going to need a scope on it... so I was thinking or funning a strip of picatinny rail on the top and adding a TRL-2 where you would normally put a scope and then have a pressure pad on the foregrip.

Now I think this would work and be effective... But I'm wondering if the laser and or light would be blocked by the HK front sight?

What do you guys think?

AFAIK, the TRL-2 is probably the most durable laser/light combo on the market.