HELP!: Order from Rusmilitary

I can't say this strongly enough.

I'd REALLY recommend using a CC rather than a debit card. W/a credit card, you have rights. A debt card is a loaded gun.

Personaly I live as close to "Debt free" as possible. Get a CC and only get what you can pay off that month.

stuart2,

If you look at the prices for mags on the website you'll see that they are in pounds. There is usually a conversion rate from pounds to dollars posted on the index page. Note also that a value added tax charged to EU countries is subtracted from orders that are coming to the US. I believe the tax is 17.5%. A further reduction in price is given for buying multiple mags.

All of this info. is readily available from rusmilitary.com's website.

Where are they based?

England.

Update, just got e-mail from Oleg, hes gonna try shipping mags in separate pieces. Maybe this will work, still Im gonna have them shipped separately to keep it under the 100.00 limit. Oleg is doing his best to correct this issue, keep faith in him and his company, and just order smaller than 100.00 and customs should not be able to seize them!!!

Edited by REDDOG
Interesting idea REDDOG. Has anyone thought about going the other direction and actually filing a form 6 for importation? Does anyone know what's involved with filing a form 6 i.e. time, money etc. ?

I am. Yesterday was fed-up not understanding the dilema. Got in contact with OHIO office ATF, and MN branch US Customs...as i am in mid-west.

Was told to not wait for items to be seized. Have form 6 before items sent. Attachments can be placed on package that speeds it through.....Form is en-route now....And I was offered help in filling it out. Shotgun mags are truly a grey area according to them, and totally open to agent/inspector interpetation. hmmm

But no. Should not be a problem. ATF was concerned that Customs was taking it a bit over-board with the ANY PART OF A FIREARM-IS A FIREARM.

I'm trying. I probably won't have done by time Oleg ships.

But for the future. I'm going for a permit. I'm going to buy as many mags as I can afford. And I'm gonna sell them here for as cheap as possible. not e-ghey prices either.

I'm going for a permit. I'm going to buy as many mags as I can afford. And I'm gonna sell them here for as cheap as possible. not e-ghey prices either.

That sounds like a great idea! Have you discussed resale of the magazines with ATF? The reason I ask is that according to ATF you have to be registered as an importer under the arms export control act to engage in the business of resale of firearms parts. The fee for that registration is $250 per year or slightly less per year if you register for multiple years.

You can download an ATF Guidebook on importation in PDF format that will explain more than you ever wanted to know about importing "articles of war" :rolleyes:

Be aware that this is a VERY large document: 11.5 MB, you'll need highspeed access or alot of patience.