Need some spare 10 round Saiga .223 clips : not converting this one&#3

For those of you who have converted your Saigas and don't want to run the risk of using a non-compliant magazine with your .223, I happily volunteer to take those pesky 10-rd factory clips off your hands!

I have a 20" Saiga .223 that will be kept stock, and would like to get some extra magazines for it: feel free to email me at tooldawg1983@yahoo.com to work out the details. I will gladly pay for the shipping, too!

Surprisingly hard to find, those 10 rounders.... don't know why people are hanging on to them as most will NEVER see stock formation again! They shoot too sweet to ever go back. I know the 16" .223 I am converting won't! But I need more than just 2 clips for the one staying original.

Thanks

Too much television makes one stupid. Lay off the telly for more stimulating pursuits.

A clip feeds a magazine. A magazine feeds a firearm.

clipmagazine0491bb4.jpg

Gangsta [c]rap doesn't help the intellect, either.

Edited by nalioth
Too much television makes one stupid. Lay off the telly for more stimulating pursuits.

A clip feeds a magazine. A magazine feeds a firearm.

clipmagazine0491bb4.jpg

Gangsta [c]rap doesn't help the intellect, either.

Dont want to burst your bubble . on the left side of the picture is a "charger"and fits into the "charger guide" on a lee enfield .303 rifle.... too much tv makes you stupid!

Edited by second shooter

I don't know why you want more of those factory mags; the one I got is lousy; very difficult to get inserted properly. I bought Surefires, and they're great. They come in capacities from 5 rounds on up to, I think, 30. They hold the bolt open, too, which the factory mags don't, and work on unconverted rifles.

Someone needs to get a hobby. :haha:

I had no idea Citizen Soldier was the self-appointed grammar police for this board. Frankly, since everyone who read my post knows what I am talking about in reference to the term Clip as it pertains to the Saiga, which everyone here knows does not use stripper clips, your comments are at best rude and un-called for, and at worst: arrogant and flagrantly obnoxious.

Most shooters will use the terms clip and magazine as commonly interchanged terms. Some of us have older firearms that indeed do use stripper clips, and some of use magazines, but with more respect to you than you afforded me, if we are shooting a weapon that uses detachable magazines and ask for a new clip from a shooting partner, we will likely get what was asked for instead of a lecture, which you so eloquently provided us all here.

As such, your efforts to point out a grammatical and technical difference, complete with pictures, serves only to show that you are not only a horses' ass, but a horses' ass with way too much time on his hands.

Save your high-horse grandstanding for a more worthy cause. Save the whales. Save the babies. Save the trees. But at least save the rest of us from your pointless self-serving drivel that only feeds your over-sized ego.

Post your own thread if you have nothing else to do, and don't let the cyber door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Someone needs to get a hobby. :haha:
Thanks, I have several.

I had no idea Citizen Soldier was the self-appointed grammar police for this board. Frankly, since everyone who read my post knows what I am talking about in reference to the term Clip as it pertains to the Saiga, which everyone here knows does not use stripper clips, your comments are at best rude and un-called for, and at worst: arrogant and flagrantly obnoxious.
Again, you display your ignorance of language.

Grammar is "The rules and usages of a language which determine the way its words are ordered (syntax), and the changes occurring in those words to make them serve a particular function (accidence)." Grammar has nothing to do with individual words and their meanings, but how the words are placed together to get comprehensible sentences.

Most shooters will use the terms clip and magazine as commonly interchanged terms. Some of us have older firearms that indeed do use stripper clips, and some of use magazines, but with more respect to you than you afforded me, if we are shooting a weapon that uses detachable magazines and ask for a new clip from a shooting partner, we will likely get what was asked for instead of a lecture, which you so eloquently provided us all here.
Just because you and your peers use words interchangeably doesn't make the usage correct. If your peers all decided that jumping off a cliff was "like jumping on a trampoline", would you do it, too? Put another way: A guy get pulled over on the way to the range with his Saiga rifle. What term do you think is gonna cause more excitement when the cop asks if there are any weapons in the car? "Machine gun" or "hunting rifle" (remember the interchangeability of words, practiced by 'most shooters').

As such, your efforts to point out a grammatical and technical difference, complete with pictures, serves only to show that you are not only a horses' ass, but a horses' ass with way too much time on his hands.

Save your high-horse grandstanding for a more worthy cause. Save the whales. Save the babies. Save the trees. But at least save the rest of us from your pointless self-serving drivel that only feeds your over-sized ego.

Personal attacks are not needed.

My original statements were generally given, and not directed at any one in particular, but since you obviously thought I was referring to you, well, you did mention 'ego'.

As I subsequently mentioned, we have a language for a reason. If folks choose to bastardize it to their own purposes, then those folks won't understand other folks, and then you get problems.

I'd also like to point out that if I hadn't provided the "grammatical and technical difference, complete with pictures", someone else certainly would have.

Post your own thread if you have nothing else to do, and don't let the cyber door hit you in the ass on your way out.

After my original general knowledge response, I did offer you sound advice in post #5, but you probably missed it while imagining a 'cyber door' big enough for a 'horse's ass'.

Have a nice day :)

N

P.S. If you want to call me any more names, we have a special section here called "Fight Club" that is just for that purpose.

P.P.S. "Pictures" means more than one.

You spent at least 20 minutes composing a diatribe that only reinforced my original position of your being the south end of a north-bound horse.

Congratulations on time well-spent.

And to the "points" and positions you made in your most recent post: .....yawn.

post-12042-1231033010.jpg

i just found this on another post, i want to add im not stirring up trouble, just having a laugh! from now on we should call them a" bullet holding thingy or device" so we are all on the same page.

or should we just call it quits and try and find this man what he wants!(mags, clips thingys or devices)

I vote for "bullet-holder-thingy".

Concise. Direct. And just exactly what it should have been called all along, but for all the Professorial diatribes and intellectual ne'er do wells putting forth their opinions and attitudes... and what happened?

We ended up with a plethora of verbage, all too confusing, with terms like: Magazine, Mags, Clips, Feeders, Stipper Clips, Bang-Boxes, Bullet condoms, ammo-slides, boom-boom cannisters, Cartridge Cans, and of course Hole-Maker Holders.

Bullet-holder-thingy is perfect, and is the term of choice for this poster from this point forward!

Are you mad! , "hole maker holders" is way cooler and should be the way foward from now on ! but what will the thingys we use to call magazine pouches be called now... perhaps hole maker holder holders or would that be confusing if someone was holding a hole maker holder?.. i need coffee and smokes and i will be using my mag holders to stir the coffee and hold the smoke? wait a minute... the technical/medical term for hands is actually cock scratchers , im so confused now i must get coffee!!! you guys sort this out?