Do Saigas come with locks?

I'll be picking up my new Saiga on Thursday. Do they come with a locking device? Here in California you have to have one to take posession of a gun. If they don't come with a lock I'll want to pick one up beforehand. Any recommendations for a good lock for the Saiga?

Thanks,

gary

yehp, it is the law in several states, and is one of those rare laws that actually makes sense. Whenever I bought a gun back home from shops, I did usually have to ask for a lock, but it was almost always free.

in NY state the place of sale is required to provide a lock for any firearm purchase. Regardless of whether it came with one from the factory or not.

:smoke:

I did not know that. Not one gun I bought came with a lock.

I didn't know that either. Of all the guns I've bought in NY, only 1 came with a "breech cable lock" or whatever they're called. Granted, I've not bought many guns in NY, as I prefer online prices.

in NY state the place of sale is required to provide a lock for any firearm purchase. Regardless of whether it came with one from the factory or not.

:smoke:

Nobody said anything about that when I bought my Saiga a few weeks ago. I bought a hard case for it at the same time maybe that is why they made no mention of a lock.

RalphXL