08' saiga w/ bolt stop. Cannot unlock it from rear? Help!!

without holding the bolt hold open (the little silver tab sticking out near the trigger) have you tried to pull the charging handle back towards the buttstock and just let go of the handle?

If you try that please don't have your fingers in the action, fingers squish real well in there....

without holding the bolt hold open (the little silver tab sticking out near the trigger) have you tried to pull the charging handle back towards the buttstock and just let go of the handle?

If you try that please don't have your fingers in the action, fingers squish real well in there....

Yes, it worked fine until I pushed in the silver tab to lock it to the rear. Now it will not go forward. I tried depressing the trigger, pulling back the charging handle a little bit and depressing the trigger. It will not budge.

You might need an extra hand with this but try to pull completely back on the bolt handle and at the same time try to grip or use a tool to pull/pry down on the BHO tab. If it comes down, then release the bolt, letting it move forward. Good luck.

eseaton

I'm new to this forum and just purchased a saiga 12 08 model with built in bolt stop. Well I locked it to the rear and now It won't disengage? Any feed back on why or how to troubleshoot it would be great. Thanks.

Can you grab the BHO button with some needle nose? with the gun unloaded, stand the gun up on the end of the butt stock. Pull the bolt back as far as you can, and pry the button down with the needle nose. Once that button is down the bolt should shut.

Then you need to field strip, and fix the BHO spring. Try pulling the spring leg up on top of the rear of the BHO lever using a dental pick.

If the spring works its way off the BHO lever again you might have to notch the part of the BHO lever where the spring rests with a file/dremel to keep the spring in place.

ok, I used the pliers and it worked. It only needed a little tug. I field stripped it to check the spring and it is sitting on that top lip like was suggested. So I put it back together and started playing with it..

I locked it back to the rear and still had same problem but, instead of pressing on it I applied light tapping pressure to the BHO lever (left to right) and it drops down. So it works but I still need to wiggle it a bit with the bolt pulled all the way to the rear and it drops and the bolt goes forward.

With practice I could become fluent with the technique, it helps a lot being left handed as well... But if there are any other suggestions I welcome them. Thanks for every ones help!