Where are you all getting your reloading supplies and at what price

I'm getting back into reloading and I'm curious where you all are picking up your reloading supplies, especially buckshot. I can't seem to find it anywhere and the places that do have it act like the apocalypse has already taken place with the prices they're asking. I'm looking at getting a Lee Load All 2 and GASP a Lee Pro 1000 progressive (I know these suck, I used to own one the only reason I plan to buy one of these again is I already have so much stuff for it and I can get one cheap set up to do .223). I really need a hint on where to go for this stuff, I don't mind buying in bulk, I really just want to keep the cost down so I can have some practice ammo.

As far as buck-shot goes the best I've found so far, with the possible exception of casting your own a couple at a time with a round ball mold, is www.precisionreloading.com out of South Dakota. They sell the Remington twenty five pound bags of buck-shot and usually try to keep at least #4 and OO sizes in stock. They charge the same price for the bag of buck-shot as they do for a bag of shot which amounts to about only a leg instead of the usual arm and a leg you pay for buck-shot.

Edited by turbo1889

Join the rest of us reloaders who are also scrambling for new sources for reloading supplies. High prices and shortages will probably continue into the forseeable short future with "what's his face" taking over January 20 and the Dems just waiting to flood his desk with gun control, ammo control, etc bills. Don't know where you live and if you are close to large sporting goods stores like Gander Mtn, Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Bass Pro Shop, etc. From my understanding they are all short of reloading supplies and basically you just have to be there at the right day and right time to find what you are looking for. Online sources of course include Midway, Natchez, Graf & Sons, etc who are also short but will probably have better pricing than your local stores. Your best buy is getting together with some of your fellow reloaders locally (if there are any) and organize a group buy of reloading supplies to reduce the overall cost of the Hazmat fee. Good luck.

Well I've got the shotgun press and a *gasp* Lee Pro 1000 on the way (yes I know I've wrestled with a Pro 1000 before, I would have chose different but I have SO much crap for the thing I just decided to suck it up and give it another go). Where are you guys getting your buckshot moulds? I live next door to a scrap yard and the guy will sell me lead by the ton, so this may be the most economical and *long term* way to go.

Well I've got the shotgun press and a *gasp* Lee Pro 1000 on the way (yes I know I've wrestled with a Pro 1000 before, I would have chose different but I have SO much crap for the thing I just decided to suck it up and give it another go). Where are you guys getting your buckshot moulds? I live next door to a scrap yard and the guy will sell me lead by the ton, so this may be the most economical and *long term* way to go.

How does a .69 round ball sound for "buckshot"? :)

I got one from "Lee"....good price too...around $25.00, and I got their slug mold as well, same price.

They both weigh just over 1 oz (1.07 or so)

post-10869-1232151861_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The local trap/skeet club sells "reclaimed" shot for $25.00 @25 lbs. I brought some with the intent of melting it and adding to wheel or other srap lead to insure a better "blend".

I must say it looks so good and clean, I hate to melt it.

I went back yesterday to load up on all of the once fired hulls I could "handle", and I saw a women operating several cement mixers, and it piqued my interrest.

she was processing and cleaning the "mined" shot. Since I only intend to melt it for slugs and round ball, I offered to buy some before processing.....got it for .50 a lb. She has drums of it. very clean as well, just not tumbled. No twigs and other crap.

They "mine" the lead every 3 years. yet they do not appear to lack any. :)

the trap club also sells noble sport primers (209) for $28.00 @ 1000 (non-members)

Edited by Patrick D