Maybe we get lucky and RAA gets a hold of some of these.

Saiga .22

post-6703-1237736168_thumb.jpg

post-6703-1237736243_thumb.jpg

Is that Saiga 22 for real? It would be great to see one to complement the other Saiga toys.

Black Dog Machine is considering making parts for the WASR 22 if they get enough demand. They invested a lot of money in their 30 round magazines and the more AK22 owners the faster they can get a return on their investment for the magazine molds. I have a receiver made with the unused parts removed for compliance waiting for BDM to make the parts.

Anyone interested should let Black Dog Machine know they want one.

• 1 month later...
I have a WASR-22. At first, I had problems with empty casings rattling around in the receiver. Enlarging the ejection port substantially solved that problem. I had major problems with the BDM mags feeding too. I switched to CCI Mini Mag copper-plated round nose ammo, and they now feed much better. The key seems to be using ammo with bullets that have a "sleek" profile. Bullets with more of a blunt tip usually do not work well. I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the cam screw on the bottom of the bolt assembly simply adjusts how close the extractor claw is to the bolt face to account for differences in the rim thicknesses of ammo made for the U.S. vs the European market. The reason the screw mainly just spins without tightening is that the adjustment is meant to have just two positions: closer and farther.

Now that I have cleaned and lubricated the gun thoroughly, enlarged the ejection port, and switched to the CCI Mini Mag CRN ammo, the gun runs at almost 100%. Maybe I was just lucky. Good luck with yours!

Bump!

I finally found a WASR .22 and just shot it for the first time yesterday.

I had the same issue with empties bouncing back into the dustcover. Could someone post a pic of their modded dustcover that will let the hulls clear?

Hey Joe did you get yours runnin ok with those BDM mags? I gotta get some of those. I'm also planning on modding a regular 30 rd AK mag to hold the factory ten rdr on the inside and look more like a regular AK.

• 4 months later...

I called Black Dog Machine and asked them if they will make WASR22 parts and they said that they have too many projects going on to make any parts for it. I told them that a lot of AK owners would buy up their parts and they'll sell more magazines if they made bolts, extractors and other parts needed to complete the rifles.

Apparently their shop is geared towards molding plastic parts than machining steel parts for sale.

Edited by uzitiger
  • 2 weeks later...

Had to play with mine too,wouldnt eject,slam fire one two three shots at a time,woudnt feed.Sanded the mag so it wouldnt drag on the shells.found out the front of the bolt had a bur on it,filed that.no more slam fires.ejector sping wasnt tight.got a new one now it works good.it mostly comes from final finishing.gess inspector was asleep that day!!!they had to test this,o well.

• 1 year later...
No dice on my local smith making them, due to the hardening process.

I can hardened myself. just need a place to start from. I have the machine digrams from another guy. do you have any good pics of the bolt/extractor installed? i need to know some details on the screw used too. thx, ryan