Tapco G2 Single Hook Trigger Too Big!

I'm right in the middle of converting my .223 Saiga and when I got to the part where I drop my new trigger group in, I discovered a mouth-frothingly frustrating fact: the Tapco G2 single hook trigger that I purchased is too fat to fit through the trigger slot. So now I need to Dremel the trigger so that it will be slim enough to drop down through the trigger slot. My question is, what attachment am I going to need to grind down the trigger with?

EDIT: I should mention that I'm not doing a full conversion (moving the trigger group and guard forward). I'm just replacing my stock trigger group with an American made one.

Edited by Dirge
Maybe a stupid question but did you pick it up a little bit and try to put the pin in??? It sits a little off the floor of the receiver.

Yep. Tried that and it didn't work. The problem lies with the trigger itself. It's simply too thick to fit through the original trigger slot in the floor of the receiver. I'd hate to spend another $60 for a new FCG and the ones that Dinzag supplies only count as 2 922r compliance parts, so I'd have to spend even more for yet another part just to meet the 922r. That's why I'd like to dremel the trigger down until it's slim enough to fit. I'd save quite a bit and I'd still have an FCG that counts as 3 compliance parts. Problem is, I'm a bit inexperienced with a dremel and I need to know what attachment/grinder disk/whathaveyou would be best for the job.

Dinzag's modified Tapco FCGs count as the full 3. Also, the unmodified ones don't fit with the BHO. You have to grind the hammer down on the right side.

"Save a buck", they say. . . "These standard AK-47 parts will work just fine, right? That Dinzag guy's just trying to sell me something I don't need."

*A few days later*

"Bull****!!!! *BLEEP* *BLEEP* It doesn't work!"

Not the first time I've seen that happen, or something similar.

Edited by Mike the Wolf
Dinzag's modified Tapco FCGs count as the full 3. Also, the unmodified ones don't fit with the BHO. You have to grind the hammer down on the right side.

Are you sure that Dinzag's modified factory-style FCG counts as the full 3 parts? He says right on his site that the actual trigger shouldn't be counted towards compliance, since a G2 trigger block is used but the original factory trigger is still required.

BTW, if I decide to do a full conversion, I understand all of the steps well enough except for one little part: what the hell is a "backing anvil", and how exactly would I use it during the conversion (including where to put it)?

Edited by Dirge

Are you sure that Dinzag's modified factory-style FCG counts as the full 3 parts? He says right on his site that the actual trigger shouldn't be counted towards compliance, since a G2 trigger block is used but the original factory trigger is still required.

The FCG that Dinzag sells for use in unconverted Saigas only counts as 2 US made parts. You're right, it says it on his site.