Took The Old Girl Out Today.......

And Holy Hell I had forgotten how loud she is.

It was getting towards dusk and the fireballs were awesome.

Question though.

On It also reminded me how hard it is to get those freaking mags in (the rock n cock motion), does the polishing procedure outlined in the sticky above help with that? Are there any other things one can do to improve the loading of the gun, without going to the mag well and hacking up your mags?

Thanks all.

The polishing helps a little, but practice is the key. Some guys are like lightning.

And some guys like me can't load a Saiga mag on a closed bolt with a shoehorn, an air chisel, and a committee. YMMV.

I'm with you Vicarious, I look like an idiot trying to load on a closed bolt. True.. I don't practice enough. A viable last round bolt hold open feature would turn this creature into a beauty. Cobra has been talking about marketing his for a long time.. I'm afraid I will be in a walker by the time he lets us have it.. We should find his weakness and exploit it.. women? cigars? farm animals? What is his 'price'?