What's wrong??

I just bought a Saiga 12 and brought it home. I opened the bolt and pushed the silver detent beside the trigger to hold the bolt to the rear.

The little silver piece has went inside the gun and I can't get the bolt to slide forward. Anyone ever have this happen or know how to fix this? :cryss:

The gun is brand new and never been fired.

I just bought a Saiga 12 and brought it home. I opened the bolt and pushed the silver detent beside the trigger to hold the bolt to the rear.

The little silver piece has went inside the gun and I can't get the bolt to slide forward. Anyone ever have this happen or know how to fix this? :cryss:

The gun is brand new and never been fired.

Get a pair of needle nose pliers and while holding the bolt back, pull down on the "silver tab" and then release the bolt. I cannot tell what is making the bolt hold open stick.

eseaton

Stupid question but did you pull back on the charging handle? There is no button to press to close the bolt, just pulling back on the charging handle releases the BHO. I assume you are not that dull though ;) Otherwise I don't know what would cause the BHO not to release.

Edited by lipadj46

Yeah that happened to me. Spring slipped off and the whole BHO plate jammed up into the guide rail and prevented the bolt from moving at all. You have to shove something in there to push the plate back so you can move the bolt home to take it apart and fix it.