Popped my .308's cherry...

Well, It was my rifle's virgin run today. I never fired the rifle un-converted; I bought it and started dismantling it as soon as I got it home. All I have to say is DAMN! That thing is loud! The guy next to me at the range had a .30-06, and he was talking about how loud it was! I have no idea how accurate I was shooting, as I could not actually use my iron sights in the rifle's current set-up with the stock (I couldn't get my head low enough to use the irons). It kicks a little more than my Mini-30, but not a whole lot. All in all, it was great!

I have no idea how accurate I was shooting, as I could not actually use my iron sights in the rifle's current set-up with the stock (I couldn't get my head low enough to use the irons).

You can't see the iron sights on your .308 Saiga???

Lolloygagger :unsure: (How'sthat?)

Edited by lollygagger
I have no idea how accurate I was shooting, as I could not actually use my iron sights in the rifle's current set-up with the stock (I couldn't get my head low enough to use the irons).

You can't see the iron sights on your .308 Saiga???

Lolloygagger :unsure: (How'sthat?)

My damn stock, that's how! I couldn't get my head low enough to use them.

BlenderWizard, specifically what stock are you using now? The Fiberforce Draganov I put on my SKS kept my head too high until I removed the cheek rest. Now it's fine.

Believe it or not, onlookers swear my 16" barrel SKS and a friend's 16" 7.62 Saiga are both louder than my 16" 308 Saiga. Bizarre. Could it be the Ammo?

Edited by glitch308