Saiga Trigger installation video with Bolt Hold Open

I made an attempt to help out anyone new on how to install a modified trigger group with the Bolt Hold Open.

I am no gunsmith and you can take parts of this if it helps you. Everyone has there own way of doing this, this is one option. It will be on my website soon as well as other ones.

Greg

• Like 1
I made an attempt to help out anyone new on how to install a modified trigger group with the Bolt Hold Open.

I am no gunsmith and you can take parts of this if it helps you. Everyone has there own way of doing this, this is one option. It will be on my website soon as well as other ones.

Greg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq1759Hgbqk

A clear concise, easy to understand video! Nice work guys!!!!

Very well done Greg. A new twist on installing it rear pin first. I like it. The BHO spring was no prob. Always more than one way to skin a cat. If I could add anything it would be to put a slight outward bend on the Rt hand side end of the hammer spring. That keeps it from jumping into the middle and screwing with the disconnect.

Great job man. That will help a lot of people.

Thanks guys. I always throw the owners manual away and figure out what would make any job I do easier for me. The BHO seemed to be the biggest problem, so I did it first. Does not mean it is the right way, but it works easily. I was hoping it was decent for my first attempt to help anyone with questions. It will be on my site later this week. Probably going to do some other simple ones. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Greg

Nicely done video!

I have never heard of grinding the bottom on the Safety. Has anyone else here done that? Mine was a bitch to get it to lock in place on the far side, but I did not do this. What is the purpose?

• Like 1
Nice video, and will probably be a big help when I get to converting mine.

Why is there a long stretch of nothing at the end? It's just black with carolinashootersupply.com for about 3 minutes.

Not sure why that was put in. My first video and I will try to edit that off. Should only be 7 mins. Not 10.

Greg

Very well done Greg. A new twist on installing it rear pin first. I like it. The BHO spring was no prob. Always more than one way to skin a cat. If I could add anything it would be to put a slight outward bend on the Rt hand side end of the hammer spring. That keeps it from jumping into the middle and screwing with the disconnect.

Cobra, I like the new logo for your website. Pretty badass. When will it be up an running?

Greg

Cobra, I like the new logo for your website. Pretty badass. When will it be up an running?

Greg

Thanks, hopefully soon Greg. TR Young helped me a lot with that. I'm still working with him to get my banners right...I've just got so much on my plate as it is, I'm trying to catch up first. I'm also having to spend a lot of my time on tooling up for more work, with better tools. I'm assuming that I will get more orders for parts and stuff once the site is up and running, from people who don't even know about this forum, and lots of folks on other forums who choose not to come here for whatever reason. One of our very helpful members here has said he will help me get it set up. I already have my domain name in place thanks to a gift from Makc. I need to secure that so when it comes up for renewal or whatever, I have that covered. For now it's just a pic of one of my guns if you type it in the URL.

• 1 month later...
video no longer available... I'm stuck.

Works for me. You may have a filter on blocking it. It is also on the video page on my site.

Greg

I figured out the video problem. for whatever reason, when I went to your video it was trying to access the video in "HQ" mode. pressing the HQ button got it working. Thanks for the video.

Still exremely frustrated. lol.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...