Whats the difference in these two stocks?

I was hoping someone would be able to enlighten me as to what the difference is between these two stocks besides the considerable difference in price?

Saiga M4 Collapsible Intrafuse Stock with pistol grip -TAPCO for 60 bucks

vs

Saiga M4 Style 6 Position Collapsible Stock with Pistol Grip for 150 bucks?

The only thing I picked up between the descriptions was the more expensive stock does not mention having to drill any additional holes. If thats the case for 90 bucks I can drill LOL.

Thanks in advance!

I was hoping someone would be able to enlighten me as to what the difference is between these two stocks besides the considerable difference in price?

Saiga M4 Collapsible Intrafuse Stock with pistol grip -TAPCO for 60 bucks

vs

Saiga M4 Style 6 Position Collapsible Stock with Pistol Grip for 150 bucks?

The only thing I picked up between the descriptions was the more expensive stock does not mention having to drill any additional holes. If thats the case for 90 bucks I can drill LOL.

Thanks in advance!

Well both have to be drilled. That is, the stocks have to be drilled and not the your saiga receiver for the stock set screws. As far as the differences the more expensive one seems to be of a higher quality, where the stock is inserted into the rear of the gun is different between the two, and the more expensive one has an additional swivel for your sling.

If you go with the more expensive one remember that conversion is cheaper than that stock.

The $150 one uses actual milspec parts (where applicable) and Ace parts to fasten it to the rifle.

The Tapco one is all plastic.

Well both have to be drilled.
The Ace receiver block requires no drilling. Edited by nalioth
  • 1 month later...

The difference is...about 90 dollars :-0

I have the Tapco stock (the 60 dollar one) and it does exactly what a stock should do: sit up against your shoulder while you're shooting the rifle. Unless you're going to be throwing it against brick walls, don't bother with the more expensive stock. I've put mine through its fair share of abuse with no issues whatsoever.

Also, keep in mind that all Tapco parts are US made and have a lifetime warranty, and they have a good customer service reputation. I say save the $90 and put it towards a nicer scope or something.

As far as installation, it's a piece of cake. If you have a drill (or strong hands--ok, maybe you want a drill), they provide the drill bits that you'll need. I'm mechanically retarded and I put it on in about 5 minutes. And just to clarify, you're drilling on the actual stock, not the receiver. The other Hope this helps!

I wonder if getting it pre-drilled is worth it for 10 bucks or if its safer to do it yourself to ensure it fits exactly... I don't know.

Save the $10...You slide the stock in place, and the drill sight is very evident. Just take a punch or a nail or something with a point and mark the center and drill. It couldn't be easier...I know, because I have two of these stocks myself and they are of good quality. As long as you aren't planning on trying to bust through a concrete wall with it, it should serve you well.

Edited by unclejake