Do the 2009-2010 Saigas all have dimples?

I just Bought an '09 7.62x39 and it does not have dimples.

Exactly. I think alot of folks in this thread heard that one or two folks have dimpled '09 Saigas, so they jump to the conclusion that suddenly RAA has finally convinced Izhmash to provide dimpled Saigas. RAA has done no such thing. As I said earlier in this thread, I personally examined a stack of '09's at the last PDX gunshow, and none of them were dimpled (4 units).

It is very likely that nothing has changed, and dimpled Saigas will remain a subset of the overall population. My guess is that the 5.45 Saiga's will be no different. Some will be dimpled, some won't.

So to definitively answer this thread, NO - NOT ALL 2009 SAIGAS HAVE DIMPLES! In fact it would appear that the majority don't have dimples, which is exactly how it has always been.

-Thirtycal

Edited by ThirtyCal

Is there a picture somewhere of a Saiga with a dimpled receiver? I just got mine last week but am not sure exactly what to look for and where.

Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD: Nevermind. Just poked around with Google image search. Mine does indeed have the dimples.

Edited by Jim Digriz

My 08 model has them (Dec 08' mfg in the booklet). Assembly line #6.

I was happy to have them as I did not see the rifle before buying just a stock photo....

Getting in coversion parts this weekend... Can't wait to tear Christine apart...

You can get 16" dimpled Saigas for $440 HERE

dieb4iwake:> thanks for the link. I had almost forgotten about gilberts guns. There are a ton of these up on gunbroker with dimples as of today as well. I will probably pick one up when they go below $350 later this year (in .223 and 5.45x39) so long as they have dimples

• Like 1
You can get 16" dimpled Saigas for $440 HERE

dieb4iwake:> thanks for the link. I had almost forgotten about gilberts guns. There are a ton of these up on gunbroker with dimples as of today as well. I will probably pick one up when they go below $350 later this year (in .223 and 5.45x39) so long as they have dimples

When did they actually start making 5.45's ive heard people talk about them but didnt know they actually ARE making them i bet the new trend is going to be AK-74 clones

i bought mine from them a few months ago (i wish it had dimples but it doesnt :( )and just bought an SKS that takes AK mags so i wont be buying a new gun for a few months but i really want one, might turn it into an underfolder too.

Edited by dieb4iwake