Can't stop shootin...

A.D.I.D.A.S.- All Day I dream about Saiga

I really don't know what else to say... this is my first firearm. I ran the Federal budget pack thru it (100rnds birdshot) and have now run 100rnds of Remington 00 Buckshot (low recoil stuff)... I'm addicted.

As I stated in my initial post, I'm big into cigars and pipes... "correction"... I was big into pipes.. I'm now in process of selling my pipes and tobacco to raise funds for Saiga upgrades.

The last two Friday nights I have gotten outta work, stopped home grabbed Saiga, stogies, a sweet tea and headed to the indoor range(then to cigar lounge). I know the economy sucks, there are multi wars going on, Obama is well...(forgive me for saying this)..fucking working men/women (regardless of creed/color/religion etc), but all that gets washed away as I squeeze the trigger. All the stress of my work week goes away.

This post might come of as "soft" or whatever... but in this time where every day something horrible that surpasses the previous days nightmare..finding joy in something is really few and far between. Some guys on here have kids, thats their joy, some guys have their hot rod, that's their joy... Rumor has it that Cobra has an inflatable sheep..I guess that's his joy (I'm not judging you)... regardless of that, my point is the three hours I spend Fridays shooting and smoking really brings a smile to my face.

Once i collect the pipe sales money in next few days, I'm going with 2 AGP mags, Ace folder, Chaos Quad, and misc Tromix parts (because lets be honest what is a Saiga without Tromix).. but most importantly donations to this site, because without it, I wouldn't know anything about this magical thunder stick.

Thank you to the owners/mods of this site.. I myself have been a moderator and assisted running a website.. the time, energy and devotion of those who run this site can never be measured or properly thanked.

Now I just got to find a gun smith in DE/MD/PA/NJ area that has experience with converting a Saiga. (my wife knows that if I do it myself, I will tell her I messed something up and need to buy another! LOL)

Thanks

Edited by RealRedbaron

Glad you're here among fellow "Saigains". :rolleyes: You'll learn the secret handshake later. LOL

While the Saiga wasn't my first firearm I ever owned (it was an AR15 SP1 and I was 14), I'm finding it's the one I shoot all the time. I've only had it a little over a month, but I've put more rounds through it than most of my other ones combined (except the Browning belt fed) ;)

So welcome to the club. Save up for ammo and try not to keep a running count of how much you spend for upgrades. It gets scary I hear. Better NOT to know.

Corbin

Let me let you in on a little secret brother - even careful 22LR single shot practice will do this.

You picked one hell of a place to join the club!

Now, lets see your slug groups!!! :)

Oh, and dont be afraid to toss some 3" 15 pellet buck down that cannon once in a while.....make sure your saiga is set to #1 gas setting when you fire those, though.

My whole life, I have sought new shooters from all ages and walks of life, and have encouraged them. You couldnt have picked a better place to start, with this particular gun, in my practical experience. The overall caliber of people that come to this place and believe in this particular firearm are top-notch.

I think this picture is most appropriate here -

I was one of the first users of this forum, and not the first or one of the first to own a saiga-12, but I took it through its paces, and guess what? that SAME firearm sits loaded as my personal weapon today.

heres a pic - shoot what you know

...and welcome...keep smiling

post-83-1235815295.jpg