help!!!! me pick the best ak

i recently bought a ak 47 wasr 10 and i heard its crap. my question is can anyone help me pick the best ak to buy on the market. im looking for the details like type, manufacture, brand, and anything else you can tell me. i would like the most reliablity and the closest thing to russian as possible. if anyone can assist me it would be most appreciated.

nothing beats russian....get a 16'' saiga 7.62 and get it converted.

how do i convert it and convert it into an ak right. im new at the ak and such. could you help me figure out what i need to convert and point me to places that do it. the furnicure can i change all of it

Arsenal AK rifles are awesome, and they also have modified Saigas available. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for, and the only caliber I would consider is 7.62X39mm. "Close to Russian" I believe would also include Maadi ARM rifles, only not the "MISR".

Arsenal AK rifles are awesome, and they also have modified Saigas available. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for, <snip>

In this case, I think you're paying the marketing department.

You can't beat a standard Saiga - converted or not.

Arsenal AK rifles are awesome, and they also have modified Saigas available. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for, and the only caliber I would consider is 7.62X39mm. "Close to Russian" I believe would also include Maadi ARM rifles, only not the "MISR".

could you give me a link or tell me where to find a saiga already converted

I own an Arsenal SAM7 with a forged receiver and it is top notch. I purchased mine when it was first released.

Yakdung

how much was it? but wat excatly is that? im not real gun lingo savy. but the saiga conversion is what im wanting do and need help with price. and explain wat a sam7 is

You could buy the real deal here (not mine - just something I have been lusting after since it was posted): http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=88675

This kind of rifle RARELY comes up for sale! If I had the cash - this would have been mine within the first hour that it was posted. This would be a fantastic investment because there will probably NEVER be any parts imported to make this again - ever. And NoDak has stopped offering the custom serial numbering service - so that won't be happening anymore either. I would consider this the "Holy Grail" of AK's!!!!!!

Edited by 7.62m43

Define 'The Best AK'.

A WASR that goes Bang and hits what the pointy end is aimed at is fine. You might want to refinish the wood though.

Polish AKs are beautiful from the factory but I doubt you'll find one advertised for less than a Grand.

Some Chinese AKs were well finished but not all. They're not cheap either.

Romanian AKs seem to be the roughest but not all. The machining on my WASR is light years better than my Norinco (Chinese) underfolder's barrel but the receiver finish is worse.

YHVH111,

I've got a good question, why do you want an AK? It doesn't really seem like you know anything about AKs and you obviously haven't done any research yourself at all. Instead of asking every question about the rifles, perhaps you should do some reading about the different types of rifles and find one which suits you best; if any of them at all suit you best.