Depress or not depress gas plug plunger to proper stetting?

The threaded gas plug setting for a Siaga-12 doesn't seem to be fully explained in the owners manual. After removing the factory gas plug does one...

(A) Depress the gas plug plunger and screw the gas plug all the way in while keeping the gas plug plunger pushed in and then backing out to the desired 1 or 2 setting or...

(B) Simply start screwing the gas plug in and stop when the plunger engages at either the 1 or 2 setting and stops the gas plug from threading any further without depressing the plunger?

I can gain approximatley 2 1/4 more turns when depressing the plunger down all the way when re-attaching the gas plug to the firearm as opposed to not depressing the plunger at all. Which is the correct way to re-install the gas plug? I hate ambiguity and I'm sure owners of the Saiga-12 are re-installing their gas plug differently.

When depressing the gas plug plunger and screwing the gas plug all the way in, and then backing it out, it engages/stops on setting 2. When not depressing the gas plug plunger and screwing it in as far as I can it engages/stops on setting 1.

To depress or not depress...that is the question.

(A) is the correct answer.

If you own a military pattern AK, there is nothing ambigous about it. If you don't, this is how all AK muzzle devices are attached.

The gas plug and gas plug plunger are not muzzle devices. They act together to regulate and ensure the proper amount of bled gas pressure necessary to faciliate the extraction and ejection of the 12 gauge hull.