Reporting from the Range

Had a few issues at the range today. First had the hammer springs slide to the middle not allowing the trigger to reset. I then tried both AGP mags with various FTF issues with everything from low brass birdshot (Remington) to high brass stuff (Federal and Remington). I got through one mag only half loaded with no issues. Tried the factory five round mag and had no issues, as everything fed and ran fine. Do I need to just be patient with the mags, hoping they will break in or should I send them in. I seem to have the hammer spring issue solved hopefully. It seems the shell would get hung up right at the chamber and would go once I brought the charging handle back a bit and let it go forward.

I had the exact same 2 problems today, lol.

The hammer spring was an easy fix, the FTF problem......I am going to polish the feed ramp in the chamber and see if that helps.

BTW, I was using 12RD Surfire mags and didn't try the factory mag.

Some of thee AGP mag followers drag/bind in the body and can make shells feed too slow and the bolt catches only the very top of the shell brass ring. Try working the mag with a wood spoon handle and loosen it up. If it still drags you can remove the floor plate & mag guts and look through the mag while sliding the follower through to see where it's dragging, then sand that surface down until it's free, then polish it up with 600 grit.

Also take 600 grit and polish the face of the bolt so even if the shell feeds slow it'll glide up the bolt face. Then smooth out the ramp.

Many firearms take tweaking for the first 300 rounds before they will operate properly. Same goes with magazines, both AR and AK magazines many times take some tweaking to run properly. Molded plastic mags especially may need a little work, the aftermarket Saiga-12 mags are no exception. So as long as your shotgun is vented properly you should not have any problems that a few hundred rounds won't solve. Many manufacturers want you to put 200-300 rounds through a semiauto before they even will take a look at it for warranty work.

I can't speak for AGPs, since I only shoot Surefires. I HAVE a clear AGP, but it has never even been loaded, let alone fired. I'll probably end up selling it eventually.

Anyway, for everything AGP, check out this thread. It's called the AGP compliant thread, but it covers a lot of the issues people have had, as well as how to fix them.

I hope that helped.

Corbin

Dry silicone lube works good on pollimer mags. I have older AGP's and lightly sanded the mold marks off the followers and used silicone dry lube (hardware or car parts store) like I do to all pollimer mags and mine have been nearly flawless.