question about the vodka specials

I have been a long time reader of this forum and just recently got a nib saiga 12 from a local gun shop seral number H08429XXX. took it to the gun range shot about 50 RDS of Federal top gun ammunition 2-3/4" 1-1/8 oz #7-1/2 Shot target loads, shot fine had two stovepipe jams. Didnot really think much of it, so i went on and converted it back to a pistol grip. and after reading some post on the forum about the vodka specials i am alittle concerned. i shot all 50 rds on the #2 setting and have not shot it since converting it (i'm going to try and go to the range tonight and shoot some 00 buck) I removed the gas plug and the gun only has the two holes side by side, they are close to the edge of the larger hole in the block but can not tell if they are being blocked. i was just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of problems on guns with the seral number range like mine. And if i so be concerned or if i'm just make a big deal out of nothing.

If you shot 50 rounds of low brass and only had 2 stovepipes you're doing pretty good. As has been posted many times, these guns need some breaking in. So, I would have to think you're problems will improve with time. I wish my two holers could do so well.

You're probably not going to have any problems with the 00 Buck. I have two two holers and they will cycle all high brass. When it comes to low brass one does better than the other. I didn't send them back because I figure they'll get re-tuned when they get chopped up.

If you end up wanting/needing more gas I'd bet that CGW will still fix your problems. However, because you modified it, you might have to pay a little for it.

Congrats and have fun.

I picked up a brand new saiga 12 about 2 weeks ago. This one had 4 HOLES....awesome!

I took a paperclip and bent it over, confirmed all 4 are free and clear. 2 of the holes took a little pressure but the other 2 were easy to clear, you may want to try that.

Not to hi-jack the thread but what number should the gas port be on when shooting 00 buck and slug?

Edited by WMSFTW
Also I get a FTE once in a while, but never with any buck or slugs, and it's rare enough that I'm not worried about it being the gas system. You might just have one like mine.

Huh? Maybe I'll have to try that. That is strange.

Also I get a FTE once in a while, but never with any buck or slugs, and it's rare enough that I'm not worried about it being the gas system. You might just have one like mine.

yea I"m starting to think so, I went to shoot it again and it shot flawlessly i guess i lucked out.