Was playing around with one of my S-308s the other day, and noticed that with the stock handguard, a converted saiga looks like it sort of belongs in the G3 family. So I took off the Galil furniture it was wearing, put on the tapco classic stock, factory saiga HG, rotated the bayo lug 180 degrees and gave it a whirl. What do you think?

DSCF0944.jpg

DSCF0945.jpg

DSCF0947.jpg

DSCF0948.jpg

DSCF0949.jpg

DSCF0950.jpg

For the front sight, it's the newer model ACE sight, with flush set screws and for some reason split sight ears.

Thats good to hear they've changed that as the tube tends to mess up co-witnessing. Think I'm going to go with one of those though it wouldn't be that tough to notch out the top if one had to. I'm assuming its the smaller gas block model that fits the 308?

For the front sight, it's the newer model ACE sight, with flush set screws and for some reason split sight ears.

Thats good to hear they've changed that as the tube tends to mess up co-witnessing. Think I'm going to go with one of those though it wouldn't be that tough to notch out the top if one had to. I'm assuming its the smaller gas block model that fits the 308?

Yeah, its the small version.

• 2 weeks later...