My family went to the Richmond gun show today and found everything we wanted. Wife found a good deal on a concealed carry leather purse :rolleyes: , son found ammo for his pistol :rolleyes: , and I found the Yugo SKS I was looking for. Non issued, in the box, and COVERED in cosmo, not a mark on it anywhere SWEEEET :smoke: . One weired thing, there is a model 24-47 Mauser accessory kit in the box with the SKS, has sweeet bayonet W/sheath that belt goes through, leather ammo case that belt goes through, and an oil flask made of brass W/oil in it, this stuff is also covered in cosmo. I'll post pics later when I get it all cleaned up.

One of the highlights of the day was getting to meet someone from this forum, as I am a great respector of others anonimity, I won't divuldge any identity. He looked at the SKS's that were there and agreed that I had found the best of show, he was very nice and very helpful, just as he always is on this forum, the pleasure was all mine, thanks P. ;)

I also want thank all of you for being here and posting the wealth of information that you have. Because of you, I pretty well knew exactly what I was looking for and wasn't going to settel for anything else. There is a show here where I live next weekend and it would be real nice to meet someone else from the forum there, send me a PM maybe we can meet up.

Glad your day went good....mine was crap. One of the larger area shows was today (500 table), I usually hit it at opening, today I went an hour later. People were double parked as far as the eye could see, in the drive lanes, in to commuter parking lots a 1/4mi away, and on the road. I figured at this point all the ammo was gone as well as the few items I was interested in so back home I went. It's amazing that America just realized we have a right to firearms, the whole circus today just floored me.

Glad your day went good....mine was crap. One of the larger area shows was today (500 table), I usually hit it at opening, today I went an hour later. People were double parked as far as the eye could see, in the drive lanes, in to commuter parking lots a 1/4mi away, and on the road. I figured at this point all the ammo was gone as well as the few items I was interested in so back home I went. It's amazing that America just realized we have a right to firearms, the whole circus today just floored me.

Sorry for your luck. No shit on the circus, we got there at 10:30, big mistake, damn line all the way through the parking lot, people carying shit out like no tomorrow, can't beleive we found anything. They're was some ammo, but pricey. I won't make the same mistake next weekend. Good luck next time.

was going to go but after the nations gun show outside of dc, dicks and wally world being completly out of ammo. didnt feel like a trip to richmond!!

DID YOU SEE ANY OF THE RIFLES THAT HAD THEIR OLD PRICES MARKED OUT, AND A PRICE 400$+++++ OR MORE MARKED IN?? SAW A WHOLE LOT OF THAT IN DC!! ASS HATS!!!!!!!!!!! HUUUURAY GUNBROKER!!!

was going to go but after the nations gun show outside of dc, dicks and wally world being completly out of ammo. didnt feel like a trip to richmond!!

DID YOU SEE ANY OF THE RIFLES THAT HAD THEIR OLD PRICES MARKED OUT, AND A PRICE 400$+++++ OR MORE MARKED IN?? SAW A WHOLE LOT OF THAT IN DC!! ASS HATS!!!!!!!!!!! HUUUURAY GUNBROKER!!!

No shit on the ammo at the big box, I went into dicks tody, just so I could my weekly dose of PISSED OFF, and much to my supprise they had some 20 guage 00 Buck, I thought I was seeing things at first, I turned away twice and looked back to make sure, I bought 4 boxes at screw me three times price. First time I've seen any of that ammo in "dicks me" since late fall. They, as usual, didn't have ANY rifle or pistol ammo at all, I don't even bother to look at wally world anymore.

As far as the prices at the show, now that you mention it, I did see some of that "you should have bought it at the last show you F.....N idiot" pricing, what a bunch of shit. I guess, given the current market, I did ok on the SKS $375 W/ a free Mauser bayonet and othr stuff, also got a 20 round Tapco Mag for $15. I bought three 20 round boxes of Tiger 7.62x39, they wanted $7.50 each, she rang it up, I didn't look at it, got home and looked at the receipt, she charged me $10 total :haha: I don't feel to bent over, that is one pretty gun :D

Yeah, I know the feeling man. The gun shop around here has a ten port indoor range. All weekend long you've got all ten ports booked up, a line around the back of the range and at one point people were waiting in line to get in the line. A dozen people are waiting outside before it opens to get in and shoot. Makes you wonder where the hell all these people were all these years that various states/fed have been passing law after law. They should have cared earlier!

Yeah, I know the feeling man. The gun shop around here has a ten port indoor range. All weekend long you've got all ten ports booked up, a line around the back of the range and at one point people were waiting in line to get in the line. A dozen people are waiting outside before it opens to get in and shoot. Makes you wonder where the hell all these people were all these years that various states/fed have been passing law after law. They should have cared earlier!

What's important is that they care now.