Review and Pics of new UTG Saiga Quadrails

Got mine a couple of weeks ago and it fits excellent. It does seem a little heavy, or maybe it's the 3 D cell Maglite I mounted under the barrel....

Just kidding on the Maglite, but I did mount a 150 lumen LED flashlight I bought at Sams. It is heavier and quite large with the rail covers on the side and bottom rails. The good part is you can hang all kinds of stuff off the rails. I do have a front grip that I can put behind the flashlight on the bottom rail. I will be buying another for my 223 soon. I do like the direct install without a new gas tube and associated hardware. I think the price is pretty much a wash.... I may even think about the Tapco trirail......

• 1 month later...
How much of a hassle is it to Remove this thing everytime you break the rfile down for cleaning, like after every range session since I'll be shooting corrosive ammo from my 5.45?

Is that really necessary? I was thinkin just washing out the gas tube with windex and water with a 12guage bore brush...

Please reply and let me know what you think, I've never used corrosive ammo and I don't want to f up my new rifle.

How much of a hassle is it to Remove this thing everytime you break the rfile down for cleaning, like after every range session since I'll be shooting corrosive ammo from my 5.45?

Is that really necessary? I was thinkin just washing out the gas tube with windex and water with a 12guage bore brush...

Please reply and let me know what you think, I've never used corrosive ammo and I don't want to f up my new rifle.

I was wondering the same thing... You use windex though??? Any objections to plain ole' WD40 and the bore brush? Maybe pull the rail and tube for a good wash after a few trips to the range?

Also, that brings up a counterpoint: To loktite or not to loktite?

THAT is the question!

I was wondering the same thing... You use windex though??? Any objections to plain ole' WD40 and the bore brush? Maybe pull the rail and tube for a good wash after a few trips to the range?

THAT is the question!

I've been taking mine off every time I do a cleaning (every trip) and it is no hassle at all. I DID manage to strip one of the screws, but I just went down to the hardware store and bought new better quality bolts and I haven't had any issues since. It takes about 3 minutes to remove the entire rail. Also, there is no need to use loktite on these rails. Just tighten them moderately and the rail will not move at all. Don't over tighten, you don't need to, or you'll strip them taking them like I did. Hope this helps.

DSC01323.JPG

Edited by BuzzKillin

THAT is the question!

I lock tighted the hell outa mine. I don't think I'm going to take the gas tube off. Also I'm just going to use soapy water, I found out that windex is not necessary (the ammonia is a copper solvent and that is why people use it to clean black powder rifles) I just want to get all the corrosive salts washed out of there.

Just rinse it thoroughly inside and out with a garden hose for a couple of minutes and then clean normally. That's all corrosive needs to get cleaned up.

My SLR105 has 2200+ rounds of corrosive through it over the past 4 years and it doesn't have rust other than the usual inside the brake. I clean my NDM86 and other AK's the same way...no problems at all.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen
  • 2 years later...