King Armory Piston

I ordered and recieved a King Armory Saiga piston: http://www.kingarmory.com/My_Homepage_Files/Page41.html

This definatly appears to be a high quality part. I am using this with a GUNFIXER plug. It fits much tighter than the factory one and seems to make no noise as it slides back and forth. I have not shot it yet, but I can tell that it will be a really good upgrade.

post-15952-1239460460.jpg

Come on man, till you use something you cant be writing reviews on it. its nice to have out of the box opinions on something but please test the product first. Try to give a balanced review. Out of the box is great as long as its followed by some serious use, and maybe a follow up review a few hundred rounds later. For example Cobras review of the surefire mags when they first came out was a awsome review.

That said i'm sure you have a good product, as there have been enough kind words spoken about the KA piston.

Come on man, till you use something you cant be writing reviews on it. its nice to have out of the box opinions on something but please test the product first. Try to give a balanced review. Out of the box is great as long as its followed by some serious use, and maybe a follow up review a few hundred rounds later. For example Cobras review of the surefire mags when they first came out was a awsome review.

That said i'm sure you have a good product, as there have been enough kind words spoken about the KA piston.

Good point, first impression got the best of me. I will write more when I actually shoot it.

Just got back from range. 1st have Tromix and has a Cobra style polish on bolt system. I test all new products with 8rd Factory mags. 1st Gunfixer plug and stock tappet. -1 setting for 3" 00 and slugs. +1 for Wolf/Nobel 00 and S&B 4 buck. 2 setting for Estate 8's. Would work ok for cheap wally world, yet moved up to 3 for sure function. Did quick clean, replaced factory tappet with King Armory. 3" and 2 3/4" slugs/00/4buck all on -1 setting. Estate 8's on +1 and all cheap stuff on 2. Do believe improvement of function with both these products. :smoke:

Just got back from range. 1st have Tromix and has a Cobra style polish on bolt system. I test all new products with 8rd Factory mags. 1st Gunfixer plug and stock tappet. -1 setting for 3" 00 and slugs. +1 for Wolf/Nobel 00 and S&B 4 buck. 2 setting for Estate 8's. Would work ok for cheap wally world, yet moved up to 3 for sure function. Did quick clean, replaced factory tappet with King Armory. 3" and 2 3/4" slugs/00/4buck all on -1 setting. Estate 8's on +1 and all cheap stuff on 2. Do believe improvement of function with both these products. :smoke:

Damn, and there you have it.

I have nothing but good things to say about these guys!

I ordered the Saiga 12 gas tappet from King Armory via email, within a few days someone from their shop actually called me and took my order over the phone. I am sorry I do not recall his name or I would give him credit for good customer service.

I received the part within a few short days as promised. I installed it today and everything went as expected. The part fit perfectly. I fired a whole box of Federal birdshot and the shells were spit out about four feet or more away which is an improvement and no FTE's.

I also noticed some other differences. I felt a little more recoil not a lot but a little bit more and the actual rapport or sound from the shotgun was a little louder or something. I have a three gas port gun and usually have to put the gas on setting 2 to get the birdshot working without a FTE. I think I will try firing this same stuff on setting 1 and see what happens. I might not need setting 2 anymore.

Thanks KA for a great product and overall good transaction. I am pleased. :super:

My ka tappet fixed the bulk ammo issue.

Also got the KA muzzle brake and I'll say this about it.Before,slugs and buckshot left me in pain.After,just alittle sore.Target aquisition is much faster,groups with birdshot tightened up a bit.Havent been able to test muzzle flash yet,but I never saw original flash anyway.

I will only be purchasing KA product's for the saiga from here on out.Not only is the service there the best Ive seen from anyone gun related,but the product performs better than advertised.Plus his price's on labor are anywhere from half,to a quarter cheaper depending on what you want done.MAJOR thumbs up for Joe and crew at kingarmory.

Must also add that I already have cobra's polished fcg,and the reduced hammer spring sold through css.Both are great product's.Will prolly buy these again for my vepr 5.45.

Edited by veprk
My ka tappet fixed the bulk ammo issue.

Also got the KA muzzle brake and I'll say this about it.Before,slugs and buckshot left me in pain.After,just alittle sore.Target aquisition is much faster,groups with birdshot tightened up a bit.Havent been able to test muzzle flash yet,but I never saw original flash anyway.

I will only be purchasing KA product's for the saiga from here on out.Not only is the service there the best Ive seen from anyone gun related,but the product performs better than advertised.Plus his price's on labor are anywhere from half,to a quarter cheaper depending on what you want done.MAJOR thumbs up for Joe and crew at kingarmory.

Must also add that I already have cobra's polished fcg,and the reduced hammer spring sold through css.Both are great product's.Will prolly buy these again for my vepr 5.45.

I think that you would be even better off with a GUNFIXER plug used with the KA piston and 25% reduced hammer spring.

Even before I got my Gunfxr plug from Mike D. I also ordered the KA pisto and last tuesday on my first outing with that combination I had the most exellent results. I had ammo ranging from Win 7 1/2 target and Fed 8 target to Kent mid brass 6 and Rem 4 heavy game high brass , Fed 00 buck Rem managed recoul slug and full house slug. Wolf slug and 00 buck. and Win plated #4 buck. I just had to find the setting for each 1 as I shot them and once on that setting they ran 100%.

Even before I got my Gunfxr plug from Mike D. I also ordered the KA pisto and last tuesday on my first outing with that combination I had the most exellent results. I had ammo ranging from Win 7 1/2 target and Fed 8 target to Kent mid brass 6 and Rem 4 heavy game high brass , Fed 00 buck Rem managed recoul slug and full house slug. Wolf slug and 00 buck. and Win plated #4 buck. I just had to find the setting for each 1 as I shot them and once on that setting they ran 100%.

I am a firm believer that a GUNFIXER plug used with a KA piston puck and a 25% reduced power hammer spring will allow you to shoot the widest range of ammo, from the heaviest to lightest loads.

Edited by Patriot12

Newbie question here, if I use the KA-SG01 on my factory S12 I can start using US made high capacity magazines? Thank you.

Can you also please provide links to the other 2 parts mentioned which will improve the S12 cycling?

• 2 weeks later...

So as a new owner who doesn't have a bunch of cash, I ask you guys which I should buy first if I can only afford one for the time being, the puck or the gunfixr plug.

I mostly bought this gun to go through a lot of walmart "Winchester universal", or similar cheap stuff and can't get mine to cycle on either setting. Mine has 3 holes, and the edges of 2 might be slightly covered. I would prefer to only do reversible modifications such as buying a plug or puck.

I was mostly getting failures to eject, but I also had a couple of failures to feed, that I think were from wiggle on the factory magazine.

Do you guys think one or the other would do the job, or would I have to get both?

So as a new owner who doesn't have a bunch of cash, I ask you guys which I should buy first if I can only afford one for the time being, the puck or the gunfixr plug.

I mostly bought this gun to go through a lot of walmart "Winchester universal", or similar cheap stuff and can't get mine to cycle on either setting. Mine has 3 holes, and the edges of 2 might be slightly covered. I would prefer to only do reversible modifications such as buying a plug or puck.

I was mostly getting failures to eject, but I also had a couple of failures to feed, that I think were from wiggle on the factory magazine.

Do you guys think one or the other would do the job, or would I have to get both?

If you have a under powered gas system, I'd go with the tappet. The Gunfixer plug is great for versatility of ammo, but if consistent ejecting is your primary concern, get the tappet.

... for now. Then make sure you get the plug.

I recommend both the GUNFIXER plug and KA puck. Also get the 25% reduced hammer spring from CSS. I use all three of these in mine. They bring reliability to a new level when used together.

I recommend both the GUNFIXER plug and KA puck. Also get the 25% reduced hammer spring from CSS. I use all three of these in mine. They bring reliability to a new level when used together.

I've got the plug, the puck, and the spring. With the spring I like it and consider it a great improvement over the OEM part, but I don't think it helps the performance nearly as much as the plug and puck. If you are really trying to save money, get the puck first and hold off on the spring for now.

I've got the plug, the puck, and the spring. With the spring I like it and consider it a great improvement over the OEM part, but I don't think it helps the performance nearly as much as the plug and puck. If you are really trying to save money, get the puck first and hold off on the spring for now.

+1. I am just a perfectionist and the spring only cost $15.00.

IMO, get the tappet first, only because it's a compliance part and you can use 10rd US made mags with it.

BUT if 922r isn't an issue, the Gunfixer plug is A#1 Super awesome!

Thanks very much. I will be ordering in just a few minutes. I have been reading the things on this site for a few days now and cannot tell if switching to the RAA skeleton stock (17 items down here) (which is apparently available as 'stock' stock in some configurations) keeps my gun sporting or not. Also you keep saying ten round. Are the rules different for the 12 round? I just ordered one and live in Washington State.

The other thing that is unclear to me is this: If I replace the puck/ tappet/ piston or whatever name you give it, does the gun suddenly become 'modified' and then I need to replace 3 more parts to keep the law happy? Or does that only happen when you add evil features such a grip with good ergonomics?

Edited by GunFun