Centerfire Systens Saiga 12ga range report

Tried my new Saiga 12 19"bbl that I recently received from Centerfire Systems. It has 3 holes in the gas port, all unblocked. On setting #1 it would not cycle anything no matter what mag I used. Switched to #2 and it cycled everything fine depending on the mag used. Factory mag fed everything. Promag 10 rounders fed low brass #8 shells perfectly. High brass shells (slugs, buck, etc.) jammed on the second round, then fed fine. MD arms drum fed everything I stuffed into it. Recently converted to side folding stock and pistol grip.bhhfk1.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me or did you install an unfinished trigger guard on your S-12? Perhaps the saigatech model? I can't exactly cast any stones here, (my S-12 is still stock, on the way to CGW for warranty work), but you really should remove it and at least spray paint it with some high-heat flat black, imo. Just looks odd the way it is now, (and it's vulnerable to corrosion). Otherwise great lookin gun! :up:

Also, I recommend a Gunfixr's gas plug to replace the factory plug. It really does enhance performance.

+1 for the Gunfixer plug. I have one and I love it. My Saiga is an 08 model with 4 holes. The front one was blocked, but CGW opened up the gas block to uncover it.

Where did you find that folding stock setup? Is it incorporated right into the receiver block? It looks like it is. Looks like it would almost fold up with te drum in place too. Can't tell.

By the way, for your TG, unless you're going with Duracoat (which is great stuff), BBQ high temp paint works pretty well.

Corbin

Do my eyes deceive me or did you install an unfinished trigger guard on your S-12? Perhaps the saigatech model? I can't exactly cast any stones here, (my S-12 is still stock, on the way to CGW for warranty work), but you really should remove it and at least spray paint it with some high-heat flat black, imo. Just looks odd the way it is now, (and it's vulnerable to corrosion). Otherwise great lookin gun! :up:

Also, I recommend a Gunfixr's gas plug to replace the factory plug. It really does enhance performance.

:unsure: I have an unfinished saigatech guard on my '08 4 port gun also. It's the aluminum guard though so it doesn't look like raw steel.

+1 for the Gunfixer plug. I have one and I love it. My Saiga is an 08 model with 4 holes. The front one was blocked, but CGW opened up the gas block to uncover it.

Where did you find that folding stock setup? Is it incorporated right into the receiver block? It looks like it is. Looks like it would almost fold up with te drum in place too. Can't tell.

By the way, for your TG, unless you're going with Duracoat (which is great stuff), BBQ high temp paint works pretty well.

Corbin

In addition to the GUNFIXER plug a KA pistion will help as well.