Arsenal Customer Service Nightmare!!!!

It all started last November. The new Arsenal SGL10s were out. Called Arsenal to ask why they didnt convert them all the way. They gave some BS answer but said there probably werent going to get any more of the rifles from Russia. Got an okay deal on one and arrived in about three weeks. No target paper and misformed rear sight block. Damn! Called Arsenal, got an RMA number, they got my rifle beginning of January.

About a month later, the SGL20 model is out. Called Arsenal, spoke with Nadia. They havent even gotten to my rifle yet. I guess they were to busy converting rifles that they werent expecting to get from Russia. I asked to speak to a manager. None available, the supervisor (no names would be given) will call you back tommorrow. No Call.

A month later called again, spoke with Nadia. No status on my rifle. I asked to speak to a manager. None available, the supervisor (no names would be given) will call you back tommorrow. No Call.

Three weeks later I called again, spoke with Nadia. No status on my rifle. I asked to speak to a manager. None available, the supervisor (no names would be given) will call you back tommorrow. I asked if Arsenal was doing the conversions in house. She replied telling me that would be like giving out the secret recipe for Coke.

DID receive a call from the owner the next day! He said that there was nothing they could do to fix the sight block. I asked like I did before if I could pay extra and get a SGL-20 then. After a long debate, he said he would pick out a nice one with black furniture, 30 round magazine and compensator. He said they only had the Warsaw Stock in black. They had 5 black ones in stock, and they would pick out a nice one for me. I said great. He would call me in a couple weeks and let me know the additional cost.

A week later they called and asked me to send all the accessories that went with the SGL10. I sent them in. A couple weeks later they informed me the additional price was $250 dollars....and to send in a money order. I did.

Got the rifle yesterday and was all excited. Open it up and what do I find.......green furniture, muzzle nut, five round magazine, no accessories. Damn!

Called today, spoke with Nadia. She said they were out of black by the time they got around to picking one out for me. She said if I wanted to I could take off the furniture and send it in, they would send me replacement furniture.....damn. I informed her that the owner said it would be black, and come with a muzzle brake and 30 round mag. She then had the nerve to tell me that she was next to the owner when he spoke with me, and that he never said that. For the "deal" of only $250, that cant possibly include a muzzle compensator and a 30-round magazine. There was nothing else she could do, and hung up on me.

Five months later and Im worse off than I started. I could have sold my SGL10 and bought a new, black SGL20 with a compensator, for less time and money. It is amazing when you call, you can only talk to Nadia....or should I say Nada!!!

Thought you might want to know.

Damn.. that really sucks. I've got an SGL20 that I bought from a Davidson's dealer rather than directly from Arsenal. After reading what you've gone through, I'm glad that's the case.. as if there is ever a problem, I can deal with Davidson's.. whose customer service seems pretty good.

Over a year ago, I worked part time for an Arsenal stocking dealer, who had a class III license also. I never had anything but trouble when calling. Trying to get a straight answer from Arsenal is like trying to teach a pig to sing. I let the full time guy talk with them, because I never got anywhere! You are better off getting them from Davidsons or somebody with customer service and clout.

I've been waiting to get my "beat to hell with a hammer" NIB SLR-107UR Krinkov back from them for over 2 months.Supposedly it will be finished tomorrow for what it's worth....I feel your pain but if they get my Krinkov back to me in one piece with an unfugly FS/GB(despite it's other issues)I will be pleased.

The wheels at Arsenal grind slowly but they do eventually get around to your rifle from how it looks as of today

For what it's worth I appreciate my own work 10x as much now that I have bought one of these supposed "Rolls Royce Kalashnikovs" because from what I have seen a SOPMOD built Kalashnikov is straighter,shoots better,has a better trigger and doesn't have ever single part of it beat to hell with a steel hammer and I should have just fixed the damned rifle myself and left those monkeys out of the loop but the rifle I had had ruined FS/GB threads and I want to SBR it and install a suppressor and there were no Bulgy/Russian FS/BGs to be found.

Edited by SOPMOD

Hope I dont get kicked out, But she is a real Bitch. Not from your encounters but mine. If you ever do get to talk to the guys in the back they are very helpfull. But getting through her is usually impossible...

Other than that, just be glad you got a SGL20, I got mine in OD, wanted Plum but at the gun show where I got it the plums were going for $100 more than the black and OD. The OD's look great. I have seen several SGL20's at gun show in all colors, Warsaw and NATO stocks and have never seen one with a brake on it, just the barrel/muzzle nut. Your just frustrated, get out a shoot the damn thing.