Airsoft Flashlight vs. Saiga 12

OK, I had to try it because nobody else on the forum would admit to using this cheap sh!t.

But I'm shamelsss, so I mounted a swatforce "deluxe" tactical flashlight under my Saiga 12 (https://www.gandlairsoft.com/catalog/images/Swatforce%20tactical%20Flashlight.jpg)....I figured at 30 bucks, I could buy 6 of them for the price of 1 surefire or streamlight. So, I took it out to the range, and tested it after each 10 round magazine to determine whether it would survive the recoil of 2 3/4" 1 oz 1580fps "sluggers." After 10 magazines and a sore shoulder, the score was Saiga:1, Flashlight:0. Next up, is the NCStar picatinny mount laser sight (http://www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/staticpages/highres/256564.jpg) and afterwords, the NCStar Red Dot Sight (http://www.kraentertainment.com/photos/Upload_Pictures/ncstar_milsim_includes.jpg). I expect a similar outcome, but can't resist testing the cheap stuff.

If you've already tested this equipment on the Saiga 12, let me know, and stay tuned.

-MoF

WHAT??!!!?? No Pictures, no video? Come on I thought you would have shown the flashlight exploding off the gun. Video next time would be cool, at least pics before and after. :victory: or did it just stop working with no kaboom, that would be disappointing. :(

I don't buy NCStar junk any more, I had bad luck with a reflex sight I got from a show, I just don't bother with it now. The only time aside from that reflex sight was a scope which came with a Ruger 10/22 I bought at a show from some nice private vendor; it works good enough for my girl friend with the plinker; I definitely wouldn't put it on my K31 as I'm sure there wouldn't be much of it left after the first mag. There stuff just tends to be really poorly made, next time I want a scope, I'm just going to save up and buy something decent.

Was this an LED or and incandescent flash light? You will have a lot better luck getting a cheap LED to work then a cheap incandescent. My home brew shock mount also helps! I have one on my DSA Para Carbine in .308.

I bought a scope so cheap once that after about 4 rounds on my .22 rifle, the recoil (recoil? HAHA) knocked the lens out of whack. You'd be better off buying a lottery ticket. At least you would have a slim to none chance of getting your money back! lol.

INOVA flashlights. 100% of their stuff is LED, it's well-made, a lot cheaper than Surefire, and performs on a comparable level. I've seen Surefires, I've reviewed their wattage / lumen ratings, I've compared them to my INOVAs. The $50 INOVA outperformed the $80 Surefire and had twice the battery life.

Edited by Mike the Wolf

NCStar isnt too bad depending on what you are buying..I purchased the Mark 3 Blue illuminated recticle scope with built in laser sight...I mounted it to my saiga 12..After 80 rounds of winchester super x high brass and s&b 00 buck shot it held its position pretty good..You just have to tighten it very well..The laser held 0 pretty good also.. http://www.opticstore.com/NcStar%20Mark%20...le%20Scopes.htm

I guess it all depends on what you buy..Im pretty happy with my purchase..

INOVA flashlights. 100% of their stuff is LED, it's well-made, a lot cheaper than Surefire, and performs on a comparable level. I've seen Surefires, I've reviewed their wattage / lumen ratings, I've compared them to my INOVAs. The $50 INOVA outperformed the $80 Surefire and had twice the battery life.

Yeah, I have a INOVA 5.8 watt on my AK Bullpup. So far I have been impressed with it and it has stood up well to the recoil of that rifle. It was only $44 at Fry's Electronics!

I've used two of the plastic Surfire G2 mounted in cheap 1" weaver rings from walmart on 5.56 carbines with good results. They were something like $35.00 each. After 500 rounds, I added the shock isolated bezel to one of them. They have the standard bulb rather than the LED. I kind of doubt they would stand up to the pounding the S-12 would dish out though. I think the batterries would slamm into the bulb and cause it to break at some point.

NCStar isnt too bad depending on what you are buying..I purchased the Mark 3 Blue illuminated recticle scope with built in laser sight...I mounted it to my saiga 12..After 80 rounds of winchester super x high brass and s&b 00 buck shot it held its position pretty good..You just have to tighten it very well..The laser held 0 pretty good also.. http://www.opticstore.com/NcStar%20Mark%20...le%20Scopes.htm

I was looking at that scope to use on my .308 The deal breaker on that was that it had a BDC for .223 Just wondering why you would use a 4x scope like that for a shotty?

WHAT??!!!?? No Pictures, no video? Come on I thought you would have shown the flashlight exploding off the gun. Video next time would be cool, at least pics before and after. :victory: or did it just stop working with no kaboom, that would be disappointing. :(

Just stopped working. I thought it may have been the pressure switch....changed it out for the push button end cap...no dice...looked at the bulb...filament was in pieces inside the bulb (not a very impressive failure scenario). Do you guys think an LED light would actually withstand the pounding? I bought this thing with the expectation that it wouldn't last through a single mag...but I just had to see it for myself.

... I added the shock isolated bezel to one of them. They have the standard bulb rather than the LED. ...

Making your own shock mounted light is not that tough, or expensive.

I was looking at that scope to use on my .308 The deal breaker on that was that it had a BDC for .223 Just wondering why you would use a 4x scope like that for a shotty?

Well to be honest the scope i dont really use for short distances ..after all it is a shot gun and you really dont have to aim at close range to get the bad guy lol..The reason why i purchased it was because of the built in laser and cool factor..iI wanted something like this because i didnt want to mount a seperate laser to my quad rail....Also the illuminated blue recticle is a plus when you are shooting in low light conditions..other than that for price and quality..it is great..Just make sure if you buy it..everything on there is well tightened..My only problem i had was cycling 80 rounds of high brass and the quick release started get loose because i forgot to tighten it before i started shooting..Even my chaos rail started to loosen because i didnt tighten it enough..I hope this helps if you decide to purchase it..

Airsoft TOTALLY ROCKS!!!

I keed, I keed.

Airsoft = teh suxxor!!!1

Lol~

post-16572-1240580930.gif

Edited by gothchick