Mag experiences?

has anyone been able to try out a 30 round izmash mag on their gun? what quality are these. i have seen some on gunbroker in the last few weeks but for 100$ each, i dont know if i wanna try one.

Today, while loading my surefire 30 rnd, i noticed after it was loaded, that i had actually put 33rnds in it. is it common for the 30's to have extra room? my surefire 15 and izmash 10 only hold the specified number.

Edited by GregM1

I've used Galil 35's and a Bulgarian clear 30; both of these rock the socks once the bullet guide is installed. I've had one problem with the Bulgy and it didn't fully feed, I wasn't shooting it so I'm pretty sure the guy using my gun basically "limp wristed" it. Out of the other 3 or 4 hundred rounds everything has went without a hitch.

The metal East German 30 rnd Weigers are also great. Minimal modding neccessary. Apex has a bunch in stock if anyone is looking. And no, these aren't 922r compliant. lol.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/./product_info...products_id/439

I've bought a few of these from Apex. They apear to be new, not used. They've been stored in a light film of grease (to prevent rusting) for so long that the grease is dried out and cracking. Lol. But after a little clean up, they work great.

Edited by gothchick

They must have used the same image because right under the 7.62 is the sale listing of a 223

"Saiga 223 30 Round Poly Mag". Which is the one I was interested in.

I have a co-worker with a .223 Saiga and he claims his promag broke. I wish I could have seen what he was describing but it stuck with me enough to want to avoid trying them for myself.

has anyone been able to try out a 30 round izmash mag on their gun? what quality are these. i have seen some on gunbroker in the last few weeks but for 100$ each, i dont know if i wanna try one.

Today, while loading my surefire 30 rnd, i noticed after it was loaded, that i had actually put 33rnds in it. is it common for the 30's to have extra room? my surefire 15 and izmash 10 only hold the specified number.

My surefires all hold 32 but to fit the mag into the gun takes hulk type strength. It's not worth it in my opinion. Load to capacity minus one and all things should be good.