S. <>. S. -> What the hell is this?

Your gas regulator detent is probably still working fine though, since the assembler knocked a second short pin in place from the right side when he figured out it was fucked up. I have seen that several times as well. Two short pins driven half-way in from each side.

Tony

Wow, sorry to hear you are having issues with your new gun! It's good that you at least take the time to check things out. Many don't. There was a thread not long ago where someone wondered if he should take down and clean his gun and stuff before he shot it, and I was stunned how many people said just go shoot the hell out of it. I always take apart and clean often. When I first got my USAS-12, I couldn't believe how much debris - grinding grit, metal shavings etc. was inside of it! My S12 was almost surgical clean however, but it was a display model at the store. Hope you get this resolved soon!

The fix is to cut the barrel off behind the pin and make it into an 8" shorty.

Tony

This right here is the reason why everyone loves you. Its sad that if i were expieiencing this problem this wouldn't even be a option for me.

Still you guys are back ordered enough, are you proposing you'll still take this mans work if he accepts this solution?

I hadn't thought of the cross pin. I've heard of it, but not yet seen it.

If it is the cross pin, then definately send it back, or make a shorty out of it. If it's just a burr on the gas port holes, then you can send it back or sand it out. It's not really likely to be the chrome peeling, possible, but not likely. Chrome lining sticks better than that, unless the job gets screwed up somehow. Even if the chrome were peeling, you wouldn't have a "pit" in the side of the bore, as the chrome lining is only about .003-.005" or so.

I would knock the cross pin out of the gas block first, and make sure you're not looking at the pin hanging down inside the barrel. It may have been drilled too low and actually cut a tough right through the top of the barrel. Then when they drove the pin through, it went down into the bore.

I have seen it before, 3 times.

Tony

+1

my gun had the same problem although the pin wasn't nearly as far down as shown in your picture. it looked like the drill bid just deformed some of the metal in the thinnest spot of the barrel and made a very tiny buldge just in front of the gas ports. i would have sent it back as it already was a two hole gun but since i was already partially through a conversion, i just fixed it myself.

Thank you everyone with the help and suggestions.

Bvamp, I got your message. I really appreciate the info. I contacted Vicki and got a claim number for warentee work. :) I had to get another box this afternoon to ship it, and the thunderstorms that slammed Houston this afternoon knocked out my internet. Sorry for the late post. I should be able to ship it off to you guys @ CADIZ in a few days.

Again, thanks for the help.