Any of you guys replaced the firing pin in the CZ-52? I read how fragile the original pins are and wondered if it was worthwhile replacing it with a beefier one.

The original pins are very brittle. NO DRY FIRING at all. I replaced mine with with harrington competition set. The pin won't break on this one. It's a lot easier to shoot now, and helps the accuracy a bit as well.

The original pins are very brittle. NO DRY FIRING at all. I replaced mine with with harrington competition set. The pin won't break on this one. It's a lot easier to shoot now, and helps the accuracy a bit as well.

Was it a direct drop-in or did you have to clean up any holes or do any other work to replace the pin?

These are great guns, but the magazine problem is real. I've experienced it, and a friend of mine has too. it seems the part that locks on to the bottom of the mag when it's inserted will tend to push forward on the floorplate on some mags that are getting loose and eventually, the recoil will send the floorplate flying forward, and the spring, follower, and any remaining ammo will fall out the bottom.

Fortunately, TripleK makes magazines for the CZ52, and they'r great. I've tried some TripleK 45 mags that were junk. I've heard other mag models were equally worthless, but their CZ52 mags are honestly as good as the factory mags, except that they're new and shiny.

What's better, Centerfire systems' last flyer showed they're selling them for about $13 if you buy 3 or more, which is a heck of a lot better than the $20 I can usually talk someone down to at the local gun shows. Last time I checked, the discount wasn't listed on their site, so try calling in your order.

Full disclosure: I work for neither TripleK, Centerfire Systems, or the CZ plant. In fact, in about a month I'll be out of a job, so wish me luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my C&R license last Sat, ordered a CZ-52 from AIM surplus this AM, should be here Tomorrow....SWEEEEET....gotta get me that replacelemt firing pin though.....

must resist urge to by K-31, and Yugo M48....and another 59/66.......damn....too little money, too many guns to buy....

be careful when buying surplus cz52 ammo.

i read somewhere awhile back about some of the ammo is loaded super hot for submachineguns and will blow your cz52 apart.

actually saw the pics of the guys pistol blown in two, right in his hand. he was very lucky.

also read that the ammo was not marked in any way as to being for submachinegun.

wish i could remember where the hell i saw that at. damn it!

I spent 10 seconds on a google search and came up with these...

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/4653/bad.htm

http://www.geocities.com/kirbytheog/bad2.html

http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/archive/ind...hp/t-48765.html

Some may or may not work... I know the first two do...

Enjoy

:smoke:

I have read about this problem before. will keep an eye out for the bad ammo described in the links....do hope to avoid it.

the gun itself arrived from AIM on Friday. Not shot it yet...(damn range membership has not yet come through, so my shooting time is limited lately.) The feel is good, pretty nice gun, great condition, go the handpicked option....looks barely used at all.

1 C&R down......many many to go.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have a question I was thinking about a CZ 83 from Aimsurplus what do you think is it a pretty good gun?

My wife's uncle has 2 of them in 9x18 Mak, one nickel and the other blued, both are very nice, he loves them for training new shooters, start them on 22, move to Mak then up from there (he is 10mm fan) so he likes a big bang.

i've not show them, but have handled them, very nice.

Got out to shoot my CZ-52 for the first time yesterday....damn is that a hoot!....loud as heck, and was drawing some attention from further down the line.

shoots very nice, accuarate, and if i can't stop a person with those rounds the sound will make them deaf anyway....