I'm Glad You Talked Me Into Converting

This is my workshop:

post-18034-1241826838_thumb.jpg

I didn't have a rubber mallet to "help" remove the stock, so I used a heavy shoe with a thick rubber sole.

I borrowed a Dremel.

Everything worked out unbelieveably well. Now, I'm just waiting on my parts to arrive.

I can't imagine anyone using only a hand-drill, as some of the instructions state. A Dremel is fine for the job of removing the rivets but anything less would have been too much like work. I used a cutoff wheel and worked from the inside. No problems. No damage. And the trigger guard is as good as new.

I wouldn't have done this without everyone saying DO IT! As you can see from my "workshop" and the use of a shoe-hammer, if there's a will, there's a way. To anyone contemplating a conversion.... Just DO IT!

PS.... I used a size 11 shoe-hammer and it still took a few whacks. If you know someone with a size 14, you might want to invite them over.

Edited by TedG954

This should be a sticky. Not much useful information yet, I'm sure it'll happen later in the thread (Saiga conversion: the minimalist edition, eat your heart out Tromix). If anything this is definitely something that should motivate the nay-sayers.

Ok, I just was looking at this post again, and my wife walks in and says, "Oh! How pretty! Whose couch is that? Are you on Craigslist looking at furniture?" I laughed and said, "Look closer and you'll see why I am looking at this picture...." Then she cracked up and said that this is a perfect picture for the caption:

"If you are a woman, you see a couch. If you are a man, you see a gun."

:lolol:

Ok, I just was looking at this post again, and my wife walks in and says, "Oh! How pretty! Whose couch is that? Are you on Craigslist looking at furniture?" I laughed and said, "Look closer and you'll see why I am looking at this picture...." Then she cracked up and said that this is a perfect picture for the caption:

"If you are a woman, you see a couch. If you are a man, you see a gun."

:lolol:

lmao! so very true

Glad to hear you converted it, and the story of being able to use a shoe is awsome. At least your workshop was a lot more omfortable than some due to that nice couch! :haha:

Still this is a perfect example of why people don't have a excuse not to do this.

Glad to hear you converted it, and the story of being able to use a shoe is awsome. At least your workshop was a lot more omfortable than some due to that nice couch! :haha:

Still this is a perfect example of why people don't have a excuse not to do this.

that's a good point, would trade my carftsman stool for that couch any day!