.410 AS HOME DEFENSE GUN

I PICKED UP ON SOME DISCUSSION IN THIS FORUM PRO AND CON IN REGARD TO THE .410 AS A HOME DEFENSE GUN. I'D LIKE TO PUT IN MY THOUGHTS HERE. LETS SAY YOU GUYS HAVE EITHER DAUGHTERS OR WIVES THAT ARE NOT AS GUN SAVY AS YOU ARE, AND YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THEM ALONE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. THEY MAY HAVE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES AGAINST A DRUNKEN OR DRUG CRAZED INTRUDER. WELL I KNOW THAT OF ALL THE GUNS IN MY GUN SAFE INCLUDING PISTOLS, REVOLVERS, SHOTGUNS, AND RIFLES, THE ONE GUN I KNOW MY DAUGHTER OR MY WIFE COULD POINT AND SHOOT AND HIT SOMEONE, WOULD BE MY .410 LOADED WITH .00 BUCK. THE POWER WOULD STOP SOMEONE AND IT WOULD BE HARD TO MISS AS OPPOSED TO ANY OTHER OF MY GUNS. MY 12 GA.WOULD BE TOO BIG. MY PISTOLS TOO POWERFUL FOR ACCURACY IN THE HAND OF A FRAIL FEMALE NOT USED TO SHOOTING. ANYONE AGREE???

yes.... sitting right alongside the edge of my bed...although my .410 stays with a full mag of 3 ball- triple O buckshot, no round chambered, safety ON...

to use it you have to disengage the safety and then cycle the action...

My daughter couldnt do either one... but then shes only 10....

one of these days...maybe....they arent the easiest guns for a youngster to operate... SHOOT yes... operate... no..

:smoke:

Definately enough stopping power on the first shot. And with at least 3 more shots in the mag it would be hard to miss. Push safty down. Pull back charging handle and let fly! I've told my wife to grab the Glock 17 though. Much handier in close quarters, automatic safety, and holds 17. She's a pretty good shot with it too. Get that frail female out there to practice. She may enjoy it. ;-)