Less Lethal stuff I saw and want to recreate.

http://www.lightfieldslugs.com/lightfield/...id=332&id=2

I saw these a few months back, maybe somebody posted them here.

They are rubber stars:

lightfield_super_star.jpg

I noticed that I had seen those rubber stars before, they're freaking cat toys. I've seen hundreds of them! I bet they're a penny each from Oriental trading or some place like that. My friend had one in a drawer, so I can load it up after checking to see if loading it would be legal. Then I'll shoot a cardboard box with it. I figure a pierce of a cardboard box and not through both sides would be about the power you'd want to see.

Anybody with any thoughts on this, or idea of legality? There is a zombie thread elsewhere, but it's full of bad info.

Using handloads for self defense is legal suicide. Using less lethal handloads, doubly so.

Do it for fun, pure experimentation, and plinking, but please don't use this stuff for home defense.

I'd only use the heaviest loads known to man on a person. The ones they'll one day call "more than lethal".

This will be for having fun. And later for having fun in the woods. Wanna play catch? *bang* Ok, now wait 30 seconds.

ETA: I almost just crap myself laughing. I need adult diapers if I'm going to continue looking to shove new stuff into shotgun shells. Doctors were later able to dig the bullet from the skull of the intruder. The man was shot to death with a patriotic cat toy.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/p...Porcupine+Balls

35_559.jpg

12_1912.jpg

Edited by Twinsen

Less than lethal shotgun load concoctions are fine for fun or four legged trespassers -- they are not suggested for two legged. Others will cross words with me on my statement that they are fine for four legged trouble but there does come a time where something is needed to keep the neighbors dogs from harassing the rabbits, chickens, etc. in their cages and about making them die of fright without making enemies of every neighbor for a ten mile radius. All my neighbors know what it means when their dogs shed green plastic pellets - only a couple of them don't like me for it and the rest of them completely understand why it needs to be done. Sheriff department doesn't have a problem with it either (one of the neighbors who don't like it). In fact that bitch was rewarded for her troubles by having the sheriff put her dog down - permanently. :devil:

Edited by turbo1889

They'd probably have a lawyer in court argue that you were looking to cause them severe physical harm. That you had planned to do so would be another argument. That they'd live to sue you would be another problem. Who knows what would actually happen?

its seems crazy that you cant take a less lethal approach when defending yourself from criminals? not all people who want to harm you will have a gun! is their any reason why less lethal ammo is so dangerous when you get caught using it?

The key part is highlighted.

Someone who tries to harm you and survives is likely to sue you. Dead men press no charges.