Changing of the guard - Tomb of the unknown soldier

I have seen the changing of the guard. Its a sobering thing.

I unfortunately also got to witness a parent not control their kid, and allow the kid to walk out onto the guarded ground. They of course ran out and grabbed the kid, but not before the guard had put his rifle into a different position, not aiming, but at the ready, and marched RIGHT UP to the parent and LOUDLY informed the parents that they should leave the premesis if they could not control their child on this sacred ground, or something about like that. They were also reminded quickly and directly about exactly how sacred that spot is considered.

It was many years ago, but I still remember it vividly. I have not a single doubt, that if that had been some halfwit trying to throw blood on the ground (like idiots do once in a while at the enola gay display in the smithsonian) they would have been shot with a guard round right in front of everyone.

That is one of, if not the most, respected and honored pieces of ground in the USA.

hulu.com has a national geographic special about Arlington National Cemetery posted, with the history of the site, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

I have seen the changing of the guard. Its a sobering thing.

I unfortunately also got to witness a parent not control their kid, and allow the kid to walk out onto the guarded ground. They of course ran out and grabbed the kid, but not before the guard had put his rifle into a different position, not aiming, but at the ready, and marched RIGHT UP to the parent and LOUDLY informed the parents that they should leave the premesis if they could not control their child on this sacred ground, or something about like that. They were also reminded quickly and directly about exactly how sacred that spot is considered.

It was many years ago, but I still remember it vividly. I have not a single doubt, that if that had been some halfwit trying to throw blood on the ground (like idiots do once in a while at the enola gay display in the smithsonian) they would have been shot with a guard round right in front of everyone.

That is one of, if not the most, respected and honored pieces of ground in the USA.

hulu.com has a national geographic special about Arlington National Cemetery posted, with the history of the site, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

thanks for the heads up... i went to hulu to watch it and all i can say is the attention to detail and effort is incredible...

You dont even put flowers in front of you, on that ground, my friends. The ONLY mortals allowed to touch that ground are the Sentinals, and our most respected commanders, and family, and only with proper procedures.....I am glad that you looked up the video on hulu, mcpny. the rest of you reading this, should as well.

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is one of our most scared grounds, If not THE MOST SACRED ground, here in America.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/70082/national-g...-4,cSpotlight,1

http://www.tombguard.org/