Just as the title says i need an opener for an 7.62x54 ammo can i just bought. At one point in time I had 3 of them but when I need one I cant find any of them, go fiure. If anyone has an extra one that they would b willing to part with please pm me and let me know how much you would want for it. Thanks in advance.

yours didn't come with one? well if you buy one, I hope it's made right...when I got my ammo can for X39 ammo, the opener it came with didn't seem like it was made for that type of can, it was too small and wasn't fitting well on the rim...i'd go to your local flea market and check milsurp stores

yours didn't come with one? well if you buy one, I hope it's made right...when I got my ammo can for X39 ammo, the opener it came with didn't seem like it was made for that type of can, it was too small and wasn't fitting well on the rim...i'd go to your local flea market and check milsurp stores

Yea, its the first one that i purchaced that didnt come with one. I got this one at a local place and they told me when i got it that it would not come with one which i was ok with beacuse i thought i had a few from the others i purchaced online.

Edited by Bilo

You can use a hammer and a screwdriver. Just tap the scewrdriver through the top of the can around the edges until you can peel the lid back. The best way though (even better than an opener), is to use a handheld grinder to grind off the top edge of the can - this is clean, only takes a minute, and you can reuse the can and lid.