HELP MY GUN WONT LOAD BULLET/STOCK MAG

Ok so I got my new 30 round mag, I filed down the magizine edge and it now fits in my gun[i DID NOT FILE NOTHING OFF MY GUN]. I went to test it out [cycle the bullets] and It didnt load fully it into the chamber It sits there but doesnt go in all the way :unsure: I dont have a bullet guide. . I even tryed my stock mag it did the same thing. am I not cocking it right? I pull it back and slowly let it go forward. Or am I suppost to let it slam forward to push the bullet in the barrel? I am unsure with doing that because the hammer pin is on the bullet and I dont want it to shoot off with the chamber open and the gas come in my face, as you can see in the first picture the bolt carrier thing is open a inch or so I can see the bullet inside[its loaded but wont go in the chamber all the way and wont close], sorry didnt get a pic of the bullet.

I have not converted it yet I am awaiting on my Pistol grip. no bullet guide is installed. [~~30ROUND MAG IS MADE IN THE USA~~]

Edited by xbox360
Ok so I got my new 30 round mag, I filed down the magizine edge and it now fits in my gun[i DID NOT FILE NOTHING OFF MY GUN]. I went to test it out [cycle the bullets] and It didnt load fully it into the chamber It sits there but doesnt go in all the way :unsure: I dont have a bullet guide. . I even tryed my stock mag it did the same thing. am I not cocking it right? I pull it back and slowly let it go forward. Or am I suppost to let it slam forward to push the bullet in the barrel? I am unsure with doing that because the hammer pin is on the bullet and I dont want it to shoot off with the chamber open and the gas come in my face, as you can see in the first picture the bolt carrier thing is open a inch or so I can see the bullet inside[its loaded but wont go in the chamber all the way and wont close], sorry didnt get a pic of the bullet.

I have not converted it yet I am awaiting on my Pistol grip. no bullet guide is installed

pics coming I had error..

Ive seen these out of battery problems on mine also even when the round is being loaded automatic. Just a small push completes loading but I agree its dangerous. To load first round let that bolt fly back dont baby it in.

What ammo is this?

Is this a new rifle?

Edited by Rhodes1968

Ive seen these out of battery problems on mine also even when the round is being loaded automatic. Just a small push completes loading but I agree its dangerous. To load first round let that bolt fly back dont baby it in.

brand new rifle never fired, wolf ammo FMJ

What do you mean to load first round let that bolt fly back dont baby it in? pull my bolt back and let it slam forwards??[i dont want it shooting off and my hand get hurt]

I can open the gun up clean it well, know how to convert it but cant fire it :lolol::rolleyes:

Edited by xbox360
First off, stop playing with the action with live ammunition and get some freakin' snap caps or other kind of dummy ammo. As for 'let[ting] it slam forwards.' what do you think the bolt is going to do in the sudden presence of 45000 psi?

I am outside its safe, what are you talking about 45000 psi? I seen in videos people let their bolt slam forwards I just wanted to be sure thats the correct way [and they arnt doing it some ramboo style tards] I am scared to do it because I dont know if it will go off, and the bolt is open a inch I dont want it blasting my hand/arm off.

This is happening with my FACTORY MAG and my new mag I just got. Nothing on my gun has been coverted/touched/filed/ or anything. I only filed my new mag to fit in the gun, the factory mag fits fine so does the new 1 NO WOBBLING

Edited by xbox360
First off, stop playing with the action with live ammunition and get some freakin' snap caps or other kind of dummy ammo. As for 'let[ting] it slam forwards.' what do you think the bolt is going to do in the sudden presence of 45000 psi?

I am outside its safe, what are you talking about 45000 psi? I seen in videos people let their bolt slam forwards I just wanted to be sure thats the correct way [and they arnt doing it some ramboo style tards] I am scared to do it because I dont know if it will go off, and the bolt is open a inch I dont want it blasting my hand/arm off.

This is happening with my FACTORY MAG and my new mag I just got. Nothing on my gun has been coverted/touched/filed/ or anything. I only filed my new mag to fit in the gun, the factory mag fits fine so does the new 1 NO WOBBLING

Hes saying thats what happens when the weapon fires and cycles another round into the chamber, in fact it goes faster than it does when you just pull back all the way and let go. Its the proper way to load all self loading rifles.

I was told it needs breaking in but never heard anyone else was having this issue so took that with a grain of salt. Seems something may be wrong with newer saigas, chamber not up to spec perhaps?

One of the problems with dealing with imported weapons is getting some factory feedback.

so what should I do? return it? [idk if you can] I dont want to shoot it... can I let the bolt/hammer thing slam into the bullet might push it into the chamber or will it go off? if I got the bullet in the chamber [ready to fire] how do I get it out without shooting. Really not a good idea to shoot such a big weapon. though its not much different than a shotgun? shotgun shells are bigger...

I will go get some more pics stay here :)

Edited by xbox360

Brosef, you just need to grow some cajones and treat that sucker like an Irish woman who just brought messed up your sandwich. Slap 'er around a little, play rough--it's an AK-47. I've dropped mine onto concrete before (I tripped while going to the car with it). Guess what? Nothing happened. You know why?

It's an AK-47 :devil:

Seriously though, you just need to pull the bolt back all the way and let it go. They weren't meant to be babied forward.

I understand that but I dont want it FIREING OFF because I installed the hammer pin wrong after reasmbly, I will post pics now looky

Edited by xbox360

the first 1 is hand loaded but I did not push it any more because it felt tight[i am guessing if I pushed it I cant get it out because its ready for firing] but it looks just like that when I have my mag in and the bolt pin thing just sits on it I am babying the bolt carry not slaming it. also notice the bullet in the 3rd pic is a little messed up the barrel did that I think. I droped the bullet on the ground a few times OPPS

DSCF6586.jpg

DSCF6588.jpg

DSCF6589.jpg

DSCF6590.jpg

Edited by xbox360

I wanted to make sure this is not a MESSED UP GUN before I do ANY CONVERTIONS. I have all my parts but my Pistol grip -.- slow mail.

also the pics ^ above I was using my FACTORY MAG

BTW that 30round mag is MADE IN THE USA so its safe for me to use it while doing this.

Edited by xbox360

(These instructions assume your assertion that your rifle is completely stock and unfired is true)

1. Rock-n-lock loaded magazine into magazine well

2. Push safety lever down to "fire" position

3. Pull charging handle back to its rearmost position

4. Release charging handle and allow recoil spring to slam bolt carrier forward, chambering a round, (do not "ease" the bolt forward)

5. Push safety lever back up to "safe", push magazine release latch, remove magazine

6. Push safety lever back down to "fire", manually pull charging handle back to its rearmost position, this will eject the unfired cartridge

7. Remove receiver cover, while pulling trigger, gently ease hammer forward with your thumb, (this is to avoid damage to the firing pin caused by "dry firing" the weapon).

8. Replace dust cover, push safety lever up to "safe"

(These instructions assume your assertion that your rifle is completely stock and unfired is true)

1. Rock-n-lock loaded magazine into magazine well

2. Push safety lever down to "fire" position

3. Pull charging handle back to its rearmost position

4. Release charging handle and allow recoil spring to slam bolt carrier forward, chambering a round, (do not "ease" the bolt forward)

5. Push safety lever back up to "safe", push magazine release latch, remove magazine

6. Push safety lever back down to "fire", manually pull charging handle back to its rearmost position, this will eject the unfired cartridge

7. Remove receiver cover, while pulling trigger, gently ease hammer forward with your thumb, (this is to avoid damage to the firing pin caused by "dry firing" the weapon).

8. Replace dust cover, push safety lever up to "safe"

4. Release charging handle and allow recoil spring to slam bolt carrier forward, chambering a round, (do not "ease" the bolt forward) I am just worred it might fire off because its a BIG slam.... also how do I get the bullet out of the barrel , looks like a tight fit It might get stuck in there without firing.

Edited by xbox360

Just do it, xbox. Keep the rifle pointed in a safe direction, just in case, but if you've been honest about the condition of your rifle, it will not fire by itself when it chambers a round.

As for how to extract the cartridge without firing it, re-read step 6 of my instructions.

4. Release charging handle and allow recoil spring to slam bolt carrier forward, chambering a round, (do not "ease" the bolt forward) I am just worred it might fire off because its a BIG slam.... also how do I get the bullet out of I did this, looks like a tight fit It might get stuck in there without firing

I think what you are fearing is a "Slam Fire" when the round goes off while chambering a round. I guess if this is a brand new weapon, you really have no way of knowing that it will not happen. It sounds like that you want someone to tell you that it won't happen.

If you're that afraid that it may slam fire, why don't you wait until you get to the range and try it out? Load one round in the mag and see what happens. You probably want to try it out unconverted anyway in case there are any issues that you may need the factory to work on.

If your that scared of the gun firing, take it outside, point it to towards the ground and ghetto rig the bolt handle with a rope or something. That way you can still pull it back and not worry about it "firing off". Just be a man about it.

Rule one - never use live ammo for anything outside the range or where ever you shoot, never load by hand.

Rule two - You own a slightly modified Russian AK, its not fragile.

Rule three - let the bolt go from the rearward position to load

Rule four - dont argue with free advise. If you want take it to a gunsmith and let him check things out or take it to the range and fire the thing. If you think there may be an out of battery problem (where the round doesnt fully seat into the chamber) only load one or two rounds at a time into the magazine(good idea on a new rifle anyway) and check the bolt posiition before firing(also a good idea on a new rifle).

rule five - see rule one

Let us know whats happening after you fire the rifle unmodified. If theres still problems which may not be the case then theres something to deal with. now its just your uneasiness thats the issue. At least you posted pics but I misunderstood what you were experiencing, these rifles dont work well if you baby them. Its not an AR-15 after all.

If your that scared of the gun firing, take it outside, point it to towards the ground and ghetto rig the bolt handle with a rope or something. That way you can still pull it back and not worry about it "firing off". Just be a man about it.

Rule one - never use live ammo for anything outside the range or where ever you shoot, never load by hand.

Rule two - You own a slightly modified Russian AK, its not fragile.

Rule three - let the bolt go from the rearward position to load

Rule four - dont argue with free advise. If you want take it to a gunsmith and let him check things out or take it to the range and fire the thing. If you think there may be an out of battery problem (where the round doesnt fully seat into the chamber) only load one or two rounds at a time into the magazine(good idea on a new rifle anyway) and check the bolt posiition before firing(also a good idea on a new rifle).

rule five - see rule one

Let us know whats happening after you fire the rifle unmodified. If theres still problems which may not be the case then theres something to deal with. now its just your uneasiness thats the issue. At least you posted pics but I misunderstood what you were experiencing, these rifles dont work well if you baby them. Its not an AR-15 after all.

I think its OP error :P I am just scared to let it slam like it should. I will take it to the range sometime before I convert it I want to see how it shoots different, Thanks for helping

Edited by xbox360
4. Release charging handle and allow recoil spring to slam bolt carrier forward, chambering a round, (do not "ease" the bolt forward) I am just worred it might fire off because its a BIG slam.... also how do I get the bullet out of I did this, looks like a tight fit It might get stuck in there without firing

I think what you are fearing is a "Slam Fire" when the round goes off while chambering a round. I guess if this is a brand new weapon, you really have no way of knowing that it will not happen. It sounds like that you want someone to tell you that it won't happen.

If you're that afraid that it may slam fire, why don't you wait until you get to the range and try it out? Load one round in the mag and see what happens. You probably want to try it out unconverted anyway in case there are any issues that you may need the factory to work on.

Yes slam fire I am worryed about, also IT IS BRAND NEW. The gun store sold me it has been around for a long time [not like jack smith gun store] they are nice people. It was sealed in the package when I got it

Edited by xbox360

the 30 rd mag IS in violation without additional US parts..

just put the stock mag in.. pull the charging handle back and release it.. as stated that is the way the weapon cycles.. you really cant hurt anything...

next you said you filed the magazine? what kind of magazine is it.. if its an AK specific magazine you will need a bullet guide...

if its a saiga specific mag i dont understand what you would be filing..

the 30 rd mag IS in violation without additional US parts..

just put the stock mag in.. pull the charging handle back and release it.. as stated that is the way the weapon cycles.. you really cant hurt anything...

next you said you filed the magazine? what kind of magazine is it.. if its an AK specific magazine you will need a bullet guide...

if its a saiga specific mag i dont understand what you would be filing..

its an ak mag and no you dont need a bullet guide for this one. thats why I bought it people where saying they didnt have to install a bullet guide, I used my stock mag and I still had the cycle issue[because I am babying the bolt carrier] I will test it at the range, Pretty sure its my fault :ph34r: I have all my convertions but P grip it will be here some time this week... The company still hasnt shipped it since friday...... mags 15$ each :D

Edited by xbox360

What brand of mag is the AFTERMARKET mag (nevermind I see its a Thermold)?? (variations do occur with anything.)

You really can't be serious.

Your ammo looks like its loose at the cartridge neck (like the bullet isn't crimped at all) aka swelling which owuld screw up the feeding that last 1/4-3/8 inch...

Check the ammo for proper markings to match your rifle...

Use the 'factory' RAA mag and cycle it. Or go back to the dealer with it (to have him check it, usually FREE) or send it to RAA designated repair shop.

I don't even have my Saiga yet and I ask silly questions about converting... but... nevermind...

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

He read the Thermold post on here about not needing the bullet guide for them....

I ordered 1 for $17. But I'm doing the guide anyway to be safe and use more than just that type.

He probably figured EASY WAY OUT.. (I did also, but I have conversion plans for mine).

Maybe gun ownership is something that you should reconsider. You might want to look into a new hobby, something less stressful (and dangerous) like collecting assorted lints and buttons.

The more I read, the more I tend to agree with Kymasabe. Someone had to say it. Trade the Saiga in on a nice bolt action .22. Learn from that experience, then move up. There's no sense in shortening your lifespan over a rifle that you don't understand. Or, the general concept of a semi-automatic operation.

Good luck. And keep that muzzle down range.

(How would Jeff Cooper have handled XBOX?) :cryss:

Seems like people could not wait to FRY "The Pun1sher" for posting a photo of an unconverted Saiga 223 with a 30 round mag in it in the 223 photo section.

Now "Xbox360" posts a photo on an unconverted 7.62 with a 30 round mag inserted and just a small mention on it being illegal and tons of help.

Everyone should be treated the same on this forum, Fry some and PAMPER some, Huuuuuuuuuum, does not seem fair.

Not everyone is as knowledgeable as others and we come to this site for help and comradery.

Maybe gun ownership is something that you should reconsider. You might want to look into a new hobby, something less stressful (and dangerous) like collecting assorted lints and buttons.

I was thinking something along similar lines but reconsidered.

The guy (Or Gal) needs to read the owners manual and/or have someone take a look at it.