Chambering + 1 is not possible on a Saiga 12?

Best way is to insert a loaded mag and rack action to chamber a round.Then drop that magazine and insert a fully loaded mag into the gun.The first mag only needs a single round in it.I routinely do this in competition.With my factory 8 round mags with a plus 2 extension,I can start a COF with the gun loaded with 11 rounds.Shoot 10, drop the mag and load a new mag and continue shooting.No need even to take the gun from your shoulder.

Best way is to insert a loaded mag and rack action to chamber a round.Then drop that magazine and insert a fully loaded mag into the gun.

This is what I assumed he was doing. But rd99fxdl's post makes me think I read the OP's description wrong.

Edited by 22_Shooter

If the bolt is open with one chambered and a full mag, I agree that it wont work. You will potentially stovepipe the round if it even lets the bolt move forward. Sounds dangerous to me so just use a mag and follow the normal process is my advice.

If you read the OP's post, he 's not asking if you can load a full mag on a closed bolt, he's asking why he was having trouble doing it with a round he's manually inserted into the chamber, left the bolt back, and then tried to put in a full mag. Sure, you can do it....but you won't be able to push the bolt forward unless you use your thumb to push down on the top shell in the mag to let the bolt clear it.

You also won't be able to do that if you have overstuffed your mag beyond it's intended capacity. (AGP..10 rds, Surefire....12 rds, factory 8...8 rds)They leave that little bit of room in the mag for a reason.The correct way to achieve what you want, was posted above. Chamber a round from a different mag, drop that mag, and then insert a "full" mag on the closed bolt.

If you read the OP's post, he 's not asking if you can load a full mag on a closed bolt, he's asking why he was having trouble doing it with a round he's manually inserted into the chamber, left the bolt back, and then tried to put in a full mag. Sure, you can do it....but you won't be able to push the bolt forward unless you use your thumb to push down on the top shell in the mag to let the bolt clear it.

You also won't be able to do that if you have overstuffed your mag beyond it's intended capacity. (AGP..10 rds, Surefire....12 rds, factory 8...8 rds)They leave that little bit of room in the mag for a reason.The correct way to achieve what you want, was posted above. Chamber a round from a different mag, drop that mag, and then insert a "full" mag on the closed bolt.

I did read the ORIGINAL POSTER'S post:

A friend came by this afternoon with some buckshot shells. Is it not possible to chamber a round and insert a full magazine afterwards? And on the gas setting which is currently at "2"; when would I adjust it to "1"?

I'm sorry, i thought his question was "Is it not possible to chamber a round and insert a full magazine afterwards?"

THE ANSWER IS YES, SEE ABOVE.

Edited by SaigaNoobie