Picked up a beautiful Mossberg M590A1 at the gun show in KOP last weekend. Here she is with the Saiga. Now I just need a light/mount! Reccomendations? Also what do I do for a front slight mount? I saw one from Blackhawk that is ametal piece that screws on between the magazine cap and the barrel, but someone said it puts pressure on the barrel and can throw off zero?

post-15286-1245521308_thumb.jpg

Edited by saigafun12345
Picked up a beautiful Mossberg M590A1 at the gun show in KOP last weekend. Here she is with the Saiga. Now I just need a light/mount! Reccomendations? Also what do I do for a front slight mount? I saw one from Blackhawk that is ametal piece that screws on between the magazine cap and the barrel, but someone said it puts pressure on the barrel and can throw off zero?

post-15286-1245521308_thumb.jpg

Well there's only about 43 zillion 12gauges running around with the extended mag tubes and those barrel clamps/accesssory hangers.

I dont suppose we've had that many badly aimed shots so far :o

Tac that baby out & have fun.

HarvKY

Well there's only about 43 zillion 12gauges running around with the extended mag tubes and those barrel clamps/accesssory hangers.

HarvKY

You can't extend the magazine tube of a mossberg. That's what it is forever. They probably make end caps for the tube that have a sling mount though.

Yeahh they exist. http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Mossberg-...Set,486,115.htm

HarvKY

You can't extend the magazine tube of a mossberg. That's what it is forever. They probably make end caps for the tube that have a sling mount though.

What do you think is sturdier? The cap with a stud on it, or the plate the fits between the cap and the barrel ring?

HarvKY

I never said anything about mag tubes for a Mossberg.

I was addressing the underlined part in the post above that

HarvKY

Saiga,

I have used both the plate and magazine cap sling mounts in the past. The cap will allow the sling to swivel around, but it seem to always get in my way by having the sling hang straight down. The plate is stronger in my opinion and put the sling on the side, which is just my preference. Both are good options, but I just prefer the plate.

• 1 month later...
I would recommend the Surefire 623 Forend light system. If search around you can find one at a good price. I have the a few Surefire forend light systems and they, to me are the best.

:eek: On a Mossberg?

Just take a pair of radiator clamps and put a Wal-Mart Mag light clone on it! I mean what is the point of saving a few bucks by buying a Mossberg instead of a Remington, then wasting it on quality components? :lol:

Edited by Azrial

Go with a Surefire 623FA and a GG&G sling mount for Mossberg. Go to GG&G website.

Guys - this dude is no longer permitted on this board, don't waste your time posting responses to his questions.