Knoxx Feed Devices

I've already used it at the range about a half-dozen times prior to my posting, but just posted the pics/conversion info last weekend. Haven't been able to get to the range since then (way too much work going on) to do any mgeg stuff. Not sure if my buddies digital can do that, it doesn't seem to be very high-tech, just basic. The Knoxx works great, just like a 2, 5, or 8rder. I'lll try and post pic of it attached (I had a request for that).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet! tha flogmeister roolz!

looks like it'll be canted like the standard 7.62x39 ak nlf device.

the ambidextrous feature i mentioned is only for the knoxx nlf being used in the knoxx system. once you mod it with the s12 feed lips, it'll be non-ambi...

Edited by hardcorps1775
Not yet dodge,

Waiting till payday. How about you?

awaiting the destruction, and demise of others before I start :angel:

I have no reason to need a drum.....

but yes. it would be sick as F*ck. :devil:

oh yeah..and i haven't received my sidewinder drum mag yet......

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor

I haven't started cutting mine yet. I received my drum and 2 rouders last week, and traced lines on the metal tower where I intend to cut, but I'd really like to see a picture of Flogger's drum without a round in it so that I can see exactly how high the follower sits in the tower once everything is cut.

I'm also going to do mine a little bit differently. It looks like Flogger cut his magazine right below the top rib. I'm going to cut mine in the same place, obviously. but I'm going to cut less off of the metal tower than he did, so that the top of the cut tower now acts as the top rib on the magazine (I'll also have to grind off all of the ribs from the magazine). This way there is more of metal of the feed tower to reinforce the joint between it and the magazine. (see picture).

The 1st picture is one Flogger posted (Thank you Flogger) that I modified. The 2nd one is where I intend to cut.

post-829-1110238473_thumb.jpg

post-829-1110238522_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1st Ranger
1st Ranger,

Let us know how it turns out. And if you could pm/email me detailed info/pics it would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance!

Sure will. When I actually do it (I have a lot of school stuff this week) I'll take pictures of every step. Maybe when we're done, we can make a standardized thread and make it a sticky.

1st

Hey guys, sorry about being non-responsive to all the emails, etc., I've been working my ass off at work (got to pay for this fun somehow)!

1st Ranger, you are correct on your conversion statements. I promise I'll post some pics of the mag without the shells in it tonight. I did one modification to my conversion and that was to add a nut to the end of the tapped screws for additional strength (I didn't trust the thin tappings I did on the Knoxx's metal top). As soon as I get off work I'll take some pics and upload.

looking good!

it doesn't LOOK all that hard.....hmmm

But if I screw up...that'll suck.... :lolol:

man, I'm feeling it. :eek::cryss: I plan to start cutting tommorow with my dremmel and some cut-off wheels, but if I screw up, that's $75 down the drain. I wonder if Knoxx would sell me a new feed tower if I screwed up? I'm also going to cut the inner plastic tower last, just in case. I want to make sure everything is right between the metal feed tower and the magazine first before I cut that off. Assuming I can get a new metal tower if I screw up, not all is lost, but once you cut that inner tower, its only good for two things, a Saiga or the gabage (actually, even if I screw it up, I'd never throw something like that away. You never know when it might come in handy!)

Flogger, what did you use to keep the cut on the magazine square? A mitre saw, or did you just clean up the bottom once it was mated to the tower?

Wish me luck!

If I'm not kicking myself in the head for screwing up, I'll post pics tomorrow night of my progress. I'm taking it slow, so I may not even finish. If I feel I need to stop, I'm stopping till I'm ready to start again.

1st

1st Ranger, I doubt you will be able to get a new tower, Knoxx imports everything, and the owner is not fond of what California calls AWs (I've talked to him on this), so I wouldn't let him know you are using the Knoxx for a semi-auto.

On the conversion, I used a hacksaw on the tower, followed by a dremel. On the Knoxx magazine, I used the same hacksaw on the plastic tower and just cut it off clean. You do have to thin out the metal tower to allow the Saiga mag to slip into it.

You can do it, just take your time, it'll be fine.

:super:

heh, i can see a new market now, knoxx nlf device conversions!!! :lolol:

that is not a bad idea really.....

hell. charge a guy $100.00 on top of the 2rd, and sidewinder you provide(bout $100.00 for those)

and $200.00 for a working NLF device isn't bad!

I'd pay someone else if they already know how to do it. So i don't try to re-invent the wheel. I'm glad I did my shotgun. But a NLF? not as important knowledge wise. Just a big bonus.....

who's gonna start doing the NLF mag conversions? :super:

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor

Update:

So far I've cut my metal feed tower. It didn't take too long. Right now I'm opening up the inside of the tower so that a S-12 mag will slide in. I'm taking it slow so that the fit is nice and tight. Here are some pics. I have to head to class, so I'll do more work tomorrow.

#1-#3: Metal feed tower taped up in preparation for cutting.

#4-#5: Cutting the tower - about half way through

#6-#9: Tower once it was cut. I didn't clean up the burrs at this point. But that was easy.

post-829-1110305615_thumb.jpg

post-829-1110305626_thumb.jpg

post-829-1110305632_thumb.jpg

post-829-1110305639_thumb.jpg

post-829-1110305647_thumb.jpg

post-829-1110305666_thumb.jpg

post-829-1110305674_thumb.jpg

post-829-1110305682_thumb.jpg

post-829-1110305692_thumb.jpg

You need to be carful not to let the installed mag ride too high in the magwell due to the fact that as the Saiga 12 bolt picks up the next round, there is a protrusion on the bolt that could make contact with the primer...not a good thing. That is why I used as much of the original 2rd mag as possible, just to be safe. Since mine was a prototype, I cut down my Knoxx tower lower, but would leave more next time like you did 1st Ranger, nice work!