Knoxx Feed Devices

i thought the info on the knoxx stuff deserved it's own thread and don't want it to get buried...here's the thread with the knoxx info: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=4110&st=0

knoxx sells their nonlinear feeder (nlf) for $99 and their 6rd linear feeder (lf) for $49: http://www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/Products/SideWinder.htm

you can also find video of them shooting it and links for assembling and loading. i thought the whole nlf rotated like a streetsweeper but it doesn't!

here's cabela's info: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...-results1.jhtml

i'm gonna buy 2 nlf's and 1 lf...sure would like to see that conversion info!!!

Edited by hardcorps1775
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully...we dont need the kit?

for the feed box.....not just foreend.

NLF :D should be enough.

that's what i'm hoping but until flogger comes back and lets us know, i have no idea...

***anyone else having trouble with the new and improved site? the "quote" button doesn't seem to be working and i've gotten the "site down" message twice today...

Edited by hardcorps1775

DRUM DRUM DRUM DRUM DRUM DRUM DRUM DRUM

:haha:

hahahaha let them black helos drop in on YOU! (i adjust tin foil hat)

you know the neat thing about them knoxx nlfs? they are ambidextrous! you don't have a left- or right-hand nlf device, you can load them however you want.

i'm wondering if flogger rigged his so it will feed alternately like a c-mag...this would resolve a reservation i have regarding the nlf. as it is now, a single nlf hangs off to one side which, with 10rds of 12ga ammo, will kinda disturb the balance of the s12. if he's been able to rig his to feed alternately...!!!

well, made my order from cabela's. they still have plenty in stock.

Edited by hardcorps1775
hahahaha let them black helos drop in on YOU! (i adjust tin foil hat)

you know the neat thing about them knoxx nlfs? they are ambidextrous! you don't have a left- or right-hand nlf device, you can load them however you want.

i'm wondering if flogger rigged his so it will feed alternately like a c-mag...this would resolve a reservation i have regarding the nlf. as it is now, a single nlf hangs off to one side which, with 10rds of 12ga ammo, will kinda disturb the balance of the s12. if he's been able to rig his to feed alternately...!!!

well, made my order from cabela's. they still have plenty in stock.

Are you attempting the mods to use with S-12?

I understand the 'drum' craze... as they do look cool, but damn.... for the price I don't get it.

Consider, you have to buy the mag $85 - 100. Then you have to sacrifice a 2-rounder or 5-rounder ($20 - $50) as an upper. Then your have to nutup and cut both of them.... whoa! :unsure:

All of this grief when 8-rounders can be found easily below this price.

I know that the crowd on this board is not the most sane when it comes to taking out a grinder, welder or file... and I know that I love to tinker just for shizzits and giggles... but I don't see dumping the cost of a couple of 8rounders into a project that I'll only get one 10rounder.

BUT I KNOW that the 'cool' factor will get people itching... maybe even me.

the answer is: "Because i can".

It'll be bulky, cumbersome, and ackward. That's not the point. Maybe a mag can be modified to allow 2 drums to feed into it, this giving a 20 round capacity. Now, that's appealing in a sick way, right?

Baby steps. We can't make a dual feed drum until we make a successful single feed drum.

Later

caspian

the answer is: "Because i can".

It'll be bulky, cumbersome, and ackward.  That's not the point.  Maybe a mag can be modified to allow 2 drums to feed into it, this giving a 20 round capacity.  Now, that's appealing in a sick way, right?

Baby steps.  We can't make a dual feed drum until we make a successful single feed drum.

Later

caspian

I have a Knoxx 10round drum, and it weighs 2.5 pounds loaded with 10 2 3/4 shells. I don't know if it could be modified to fit the Saiga, but I'm sure one of you guys will do it.

Nobody's giving any details on converting the Knoxx NLF to fit the Saiga yet, but I got the impression we wouldn't have to canibalize a S-12 mag for the tower. Hopefully, it'll just take a couple file strokes to the stock NLF and -- as they say in England -- you're done.

Nice to see a seperate thread for Knoxx, and the NLF moniker, that sounds so PC.

When I get back from work this evening/tommorrow(2nd shift), I'll take some pics and upload.

To answer some questions, I'll attempt a quick response:

1. Price - Yep, they cost some coin for sure (and I ain't rich), but their products are well made. Until we get 8rds or 10rd stick mags, this will work. As I mentioned in the last thread on "New Product Announcement", dealer cost on the drums is $69.00, and you can find them for $79.00.

2. Mag operation - The mag does not rotate externally, it is just like snail drum.

3. Ambidextrious - On my conversion I did not do this, but it is possible. As a matter of fact I'll probably convert mine to be that way.

4. How I did it:

a.) I used a Knox drum and a 2rd Saiga mag (that is the down side to my conversion, but if someone develops a feed shoot for the stock Knoxx drum, that will work too, but will be bulky).

b.) I removed the metal top of the Knoxx drum and then removed the plactic top end of the Knoxx (Important: It has grooves on both sides for the shell rims and must be removed so that the Saiga bolt carrier will strip off a round

c.) I cut-down the metal Knoxx top to act as a support for the Saiga 2rd mag. Detail to follow.

d.) I cut down the 2rd to line up with the Knoxx follower in the same height and angle as the Saiga mag.

e.) I attached the 2rd to the Knoxx metal support and reattached to the Knoxx. That's it!

5. Weight and function - It is not too heavy and sits in the magwell nicely

6. Improvements - Ideally a feedbox that would except stock Knoxx drums or stick mags would be the easiest, but it would be bulky. We all need those 8rds to start flooding in AT A REASONABLE PRICE!

I'll upload a very descreet pic later this evening when I get back from paying for this whole project!

Now, if we can find a way to stick it at the end of an 8 rounder, instead of just using the top. :super: letsee, 8 + 10, now we're getting somewhere!

-K

As I have a Mossberg, I'll have to look at this as a possible dual use project.

How permanent are the changes? Obviously, the 2 rnd donar Saiga mag is kaput, but could you get the drum back to original form? How hard would that be? Or is this a oneway conversion?

This might be the right way to start a shotgun stage, Am I right that we're talking 10+1?

Flogger, Any chance that the feed tube from the knoxx conversion (that would be placed on the shotty) could be modded to attach to the Saiga? Or di dyou just buy the drum without a kit?

My conversion is permanent for both the 2rd and Knoxx. I didn't make it ambidextrous (yet), I didn't worry about that at this point.

Also, you can't add the Knoxx to the bottom of a mag since it's follower is limited in height (too short).

Someone with welding experience should be able to build an upper half to add to the Knoxx so we don't have to use a 2rd (just in case no one ever imports them again!).

One other idea that would be real cool would be to build a mag feed "tower" that would allow two Knoxx's to feed into the tower so you have a Beta C dual NLF :)

To answer the question about how to attach the 2rd, I too was concerned with the strength, so I drilled and tapped the left side of the metal Knoxx top, and ran a bolt with vibration free nut on the right side (couldn't get the tap in their). Of course I used loctite on the tapped screws. By the way, the screws are rounded allen head screws that fit in the 2rd mag recess, that way they don't interfere with the follower.