Try and figure this one out

Hi Everyone

Today was record high in Houston at 104 degrees...So i really didnt let that bother me and went to the outdoor range...I enjoy rapid firing my saiga alot..So i usually dont cycle the rounds one by one slowly...But today i went out to the range and found that i usually get 1 or 3 ftes with a full mag when i shoot one by one slowly..But when i rapid fire i get no ftes...All my mags have the same problem..Today i was using Low Brass Federal Wally world 100round value pack of #7 1/2 shot,,My saiga was set on #2 setting..Can someone tell me why and what could be a quick fix? Maybe a gunfixer plug? Any suggestions or ideas

I don't really understand how a gun could have a FTE problem when firing slowly but not when firing rapidly. :unsure: I'm sure one of our resident masters-of-Saiga like Cobra or vankiller could help give you more insight on that unintuitive problem.

As for a fix.. honestly I don't know why anyone who has a S-12 does not buy a Gunfixr plug as their first aftermarket replacement part. It allows so much more control of the gas system it seems like a no-brainer.

Buy one now and thank me later!! :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic

+1 on the Gunfixer plug. I love mine. :wub:

By "firing one by one slowly", are you simply pulling the trigger slower, or is there some other thing you're doing differently than the times when you rapid fire? If it's just a slower trigger, I can't see how that would cause a problem, unless you're just tapping it and somehow releasing it before the action completely cycles. That happens really freakin fast though, so I can't imagine that's the problem.

Try this though: Pull the trigger once and keep it held back. Then after a second, release it, allowing it to rest, then pull and hold again. See if you can replicate the FTE. This technique would be more suited for a FTF than a FTE though, so I'm not sure.

Corbin

I will try it...But it made no sense at all today..Some reason or the other the strangest things happen to me when i shoot my saiga..One day it works flawless..The next day..There is some wrong or strange happening..I had my gun Reworked by Cadiz gunworks..And they did a great job by clearing and widening the 3 ports that i have..

I will try it...But it made no sense at all today..Some reason or the other the strangest things happen to me when i shoot my saiga..One day it works flawless..The next day..There is some wrong or strange happening..I had my gun Reworked by Cadiz gunworks..And they did a great job by clearing and widening the 3 ports that i have..

My advice is to just buy the ~$35 problem solver: Gunfixr's gas plug. It works as advertised.

Maybe you just need to burnish the inside of your mag and/or lubricate it with a little graphite. The only thing I can think of is the shells/follower are a little tight in the mags and when they are moving fast the momentum keeps them going but when they are going one at a time they are getting stuck.