Im semi new to guns, with a little shooting and such under my belt. I am by the forum standards a major Noob, and semi gun retarded. I want to learn from knowledgeable persons, and especially the Saiga line of weapons.

So, before I ask any questions...is there anything I should just shut up and be told before I start, besides "run away little one"!! :unsure:

I need a teacher, or teachers...I saw the Saiga and what it can do, and Im in love with it...

I want in on the fun!!

The search function is your best friend.

Top right corner. I'm sure someone will be along soon with the handy little animation of how to use it.

You could start by hitting the search and typing noob.

Edited by KrisFox

Im sure you have read the forum rules, and know that in general its bad form to ask about anything illegal, but other than that, i think your disclaimer here is more than enough to show that you are interested in learning, and not in wasting anyones time.

The saiga has a hunting style buttstock for importation purposes into the US, and has its trigger group moved to the rear, but otherwise works just like any other AK.

http://www.buzzhumor.com/videos/15087/How_An_AK_47_Works

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/AK-47_Operator's_Manual

the shotguns are only slightly different.

Most people here in the US "convert" them to a pistol grip and move the trigger forward. This is easy to do, with the information here, but in order to do this, several of the original parts are replaced with US made parts so as to comply with a federal law we refer to as 922r, there is lots of information on this subject here (and even its own section) but what it boils down to is that in order for the gun to have a pistol grip or have a full capacity AK mag in it, it has to have less than 10 foreign counted parts. the parts on a saiga that are counted are the

Receiver, Barrel, (front trunion) Muzzle attachment (only on threaded barrels), Bolt, Bolt carrier, Gas piston, Trigger, Hammer, Disconnector, Buttstock, Pistol grip, Handguard, Magazine body, Follower, Floorplate.

We are a pretty friendly bunch, so ask away and im sure someone will be happy to help

Edited by ReverendFranz
Im sure you have read the forum rules, and know that in general its bad form to ask about anything illegal, but other than that, i think your disclaimer here is more than enough to show that you are interested in learning, and not in wasting anyones time.

The saiga has a hunting style buttstock for importation purposes into the US, and has its trigger group moved to the rear, but otherwise works just like any other AK.

http://www.buzzhumor.com/videos/15087/How_An_AK_47_Works

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/AK-47_Operator's_Manual

the shotguns are only slightly different.

Most people here in the US "convert" them to a pistol grip and move the trigger forward. This is easy to do, with the information here, but in order to do this, several of the original parts are replaced with US made parts so as to comply with a federal law we refer to as 922r, there is lots of information on this subject here (and even its own section) but what it boils down to is that in order for the gun to have a pistol grip or have a full capacity AK mag in it, it has to have less than 10 foreign counted parts. the parts on a saiga that are counted are the

Receiver, Barrel, (front trunion) Muzzle attachment (only on threaded barrels), Bolt, Bolt carrier, Gas piston, Trigger, Hammer, Disconnector, Buttstock, Pistol grip, Handguard, Magazine body, Follower, Floorplate.

We are a pretty friendly bunch, so ask away and im sure someone will be happy to help

Good Post, Dude!