First off, thanks to everyone on this forum for their help and all the info they've shared! There's a ton of information here which led to the conversion really being a breeze. I couldn't resist the Saiga prices from Classic Arms, so I ordered a 7.62 followed by the conversion items from Carolina Shooters Supply. Both offered great service! Anyone considering a conversion should go ahead and do it. It's really not that bad at all; I was very surprised at how smoothly and quickly it went. Really the key is just planning in advance to ensure you have all the integral parts. I'd welcome any thoughts from my new friends here. Be forewarned that I am a pretty bad photographer, so don't hold those skills against me...ha! :rolleyes:

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

FYI, the handgun is a Glock 27 (.40 S&W) with a Pearce +1 extension, while the shotgun is a Remington 870 Tactical.

I have the same forearm, Tapco Intrafuse hanguard. I bought some rubber rail covers for mine from www.tufforce.com Not expenseive, they just go right on, and they provide comfort in the grip without handling the roung rails. Comes off in an flash if I need to mount something there. Have them on the bottom and right side, but not the left side as I use a flashlight holder there.

I have the same forearm, Tapco Intrafuse hanguard. I bought some rubber rail covers for mine from www.tufforce.com Not expenseive, they just go right on, and they provide comfort in the grip without handling the roung rails. Comes off in an flash if I need to mount something there. Have them on the bottom and right side, but not the left side as I use a flashlight holder there.

Thanks Darth for the tip, I'll have to check those out!

This is basically what I want to do with mine. But being the newbie, I am still trying to figure out all the parts I need. Would you mind listing what you used so that I can glom on to your experience? TIA Bear

Hi Bear, here's the list:

- Surefire 7.62x39 30rd Magazine @ $37.95

- Tapco Forearm - INTRAFUSE HANDGUARD TRI-RAIL @ $44.95

- Hole Plugs for Saiga Conversion @ $1.00

- Tromix Saiga Fire Control Group @ $49.00

- SAIGA/AK Grip Screw and Bushing @ $7.95

- Tapco Grip - Saiga/AK47 Saw-style Pistol @ $18.95

- STOCK-SAIGA/AK ORIGINAL STYLE STOCK @ $32.95

Since these pictures were taken, I've also added the DPH phantom muzzle brake ($44.95). I'm very pleased with everything. As noted above it came from Carolina Shooters Supply (a forum sponsor), and their service and quick shipping was excellent. Hindsight being 20/20, I would probably get the UTG Quad Rail versus the Tapco model that I got. Nothing wrong with the Tapco, I've just grown to really like the UTG. I'll probably end up getting it eventually. I used the duplicolor engine paint to refinish the rifle after the conversion, which worked well and has held up fine so far. Hope this helps! Make sure to post some pics when you do the conversion!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Bear, here's the list:

- Surefire 7.62x39 30rd Magazine @ $37.95

- Tapco Forearm - INTRAFUSE HANDGUARD TRI-RAIL @ $44.95

- Hole Plugs for Saiga Conversion @ $1.00

- Tromix Saiga Fire Control Group @ $49.00

- SAIGA/AK Grip Screw and Bushing @ $7.95

- Tapco Grip - Saiga/AK47 Saw-style Pistol @ $18.95

- STOCK-SAIGA/AK ORIGINAL STYLE STOCK @ $32.95

I am in the same boat and this list makes it a lot easier. I am thinking about getting the Galil hand guard though. *caution noob alert* Did you need to get the Bullet Guide too? Thanks and yours looks amazing.

I am in the same boat and this list makes it a lot easier. I am thinking about getting the Galil hand guard though. *caution noob alert* Did you need to get the Bullet Guide too? Thanks and yours looks amazing.

No, you only need the bullet guide if you want to use the cheaper metal Ak mags. The mags made for saiga's have a lip on them so the bullet guide is not nessisary.